NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

46 minutes ago, Quark said:

Suitably relaxed I hope CG?

There's nothing solid on Diana Ross yet but she has appeared on Neil's lineup page as a rumour. So obviously I'm taking that as gospel and wondering whether to go full ballgown for Sunday afternoon next year!

That made me laugh, and then I thought I shouldn't laugh. And then I thought 'are you female?' But I think I was pretty certain you were male so I checked your profile and you are male so now I'm laughing again! Definately ball gown day!! 

And yes Thankyou... I am relaxed ;)

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Evening all. I'm back in England. @Quark where did the news of Diana Ross surface? Could it be true?

I believe it was the Sun that quoted Barry Gibb as saying Diana Ross had the 2017 Legend slot. I guess the fact that they had predicted him guesting with Coldplay is what might lend it some credibility.

14 minutes ago, marcoolio said:

I believe it was the Sun that quoted Barry Gibb as saying Diana Ross had the 2017 Legend slot. I guess the fact that they had predicted him guesting with Coldplay is what might lend it some credibility.

Hot diggity that's good enough for me!

17 minutes ago, marcoolio said:

Sounds good to me!! Marvellous! 

49 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

That made me laugh, and then I thought I shouldn't laugh. And then I thought 'are you female?' But I think I was pretty certain you were male so I checked your profile and you are male so now I'm laughing again! Definately ball gown day!! 

And yes Thankyou... I am relaxed ;)

Was thinking this little number CG 

Evening peeps.  Love the idea of @Quark in a ballgown,  glad you're not being sensible @lucyginger, hope you had a lovely hol @Curlygirl.  Hope everyone's over their blues and various injuries and lurgies.  Spent quite a lot of last week in bed with flu,  then had a bit of a meltdown with youngest who's been particularly disengaged and infuriating ( to the extend that the psychologist has given up on him).  Some lovely efesters have helped with messages (you know who you are, thank you),  and strangely, youngest has now begun communicating and seems to be making the effort to think about what he needs to do if he's ever going to get the grades he needs to do A Levels.  Next weekend I'm going away for a weekend with my bestie and we're taking in a day at Latitude, sort of festival-lite.  First time for either of us to go to a festival without families in tow.  When I read people's posts asking whether taking  their kids to Glastonbury will ruin the experience I have a wry smile as we've never done it without ours,  But the idea of being able to see more of what we like without accommodating grumpy teens is kind of attractive now...

2 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I had the whisky at the meet, thought I'd offered it round everyone. Sorry if you missed it :( 

I too am sorry. I tried Dee's Sloe Gin and Dottys cherry bakewell. And lots of vodka and redbull. Probably had enough actually. That was a bloody good day. I love Thursdays at Glastonbury. 

25 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I too am sorry. I tried Dee's Sloe Gin and Dottys cherry bakewell. And lots of vodka and redbull. Probably had enough actually. That was a bloody good day. I love Thursdays at Glastonbury. 

I have to admit to a memory gap between drinking Cherry Bakewell and standing outside Mr B unable to get in. However I think it's more the kind of memory loss that leads me to go into a room not remembering why I'm there, then I remember I'm looking for my keys which are in my hand.

I think I had mince pie whisky and it was just as uncanny as the Bakewell. But I might have imagined the whole thing.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

I have to admit to a memory gap between drinking Cherry Bakewell and standing outside Mr B unable to get in. However I think it's more the kind of memory loss that leads me to go into a room not remembering why I'm there, then I remember I'm looking for my keys which are in my hand.

I think I had mince pie whisky and it was just as uncanny as the Bakewell. But I might have imagined the whole thing.

Mr B was fecking brilliant. I was almost at the front and had a bit of a moment when Prof E came on at the end. I was in my happy place. I can't remember leaving the Bimble Inn and walking to CN though!! And we carried on partying til 4am. Great day/night. 

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

Mr B was fecking brilliant. I was almost at the front and had a bit of a moment when Prof E came on at the end. I was in my happy place. I can't remember leaving the Bimble Inn and walking to CN though!! And we carried on partying til 4am. Great day/night. 

You were probably somewhere near my OH, who managed to get swept to the front by the tide of humanity while I was stuck at the entrance to the tent with youngest (who particularly enjoyed the song about Kanye being a tool).

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm wondering if Thursday was the night I sang James The Cat in Strummerville. I think that was Wednesday. It's all a bit of a blur now.

I'm sure people would be happy to remind you what you were actually doing... 

This is making me even more vexed that I missed Thursday's meet! What's also immensely annoying is that I could only have been stood 15yards from @stuartbert two hats outside Mr B!

2 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I can't view it? Whatever it is I'm sure it'll look lovely with a bit of glitter!

Hopefully it'll show up this time CG! I would absolutely rock this look :D

Diana_Ross_-_Harry_Langdon_photoshoot_13.jpg

Edited by Quark

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

This is making me even more vexed that I missed Thursday's meet! What's also immensely annoying is that I could only have been stood 15yards from @stuartbert two hats outside Mr B!

Yes you would!!! A few crunches and you'll have the perfect figure!! 

57 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'd pay money to see you in this Quark. How many hours do you reckon it would take to mince to the Pyramid wearing that tight skirt?!

16 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

I'd pay money to see you in this Quark. How many hours do you reckon it would take to mince to the Pyramid wearing that tight skirt?!

Normally I'd say half an hour. If the mud's like this year I'd make a start on Friday morning and hopefully be there for the Sunday afternoon.

Totally worth it.