NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

7 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Not read this thread for days.... Hope everyone's happy and smiling. All good here in a slow kind of way.

All good Dusty. You all recovered from your pre-Glastonbury injuries?

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Evening folks! We've only gone and booked a trip to New York!!!!! I was supposed to go for my 40th but couldn't go for lots of shitty reasons. But I'm FINALLY going!!!!!!!! 2016 is seriously turning out to be a fucking vintage year! 

Praying to ticket gods that we also bag our tickets before then. All hail the ticket gods!!!! 

9 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Evening folks! We've only gone and booked a trip to New York!!!!! I was supposed to go for my 40th but couldn't go for lots of shitty reasons. But I'm FINALLY going!!!!!!!! 2016 is seriously turning out to be a fucking vintage year! 

Praying to ticket gods that we also bag our tickets before then. All hail the ticket gods!!!! 

Awesome HMV , New York is amazing , you're going to love it, lucky lady x

9 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Woop and indeed woop.  When are you off?

11 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Wooo! Brilliant!! :)

16 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

As it's hallowe'en, you won't need to buy plane tickets then, I suppose. Will save you a bob or two. 

Can your broomstick carry passengers?

With this and the parents in a tent comment on the WV thread you are on fire today Scruff :D

7 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Slow day at work, quark. Counting down the hours to a 3-day weekend.

Ooh nice.  Hope the weather holds!

I'm passing Thursday morning by starting next year's playlist.  Which means, unfortunately, I'm having to listen to Diana Ross.  What a bind :)

Must...not...dance....at my desk!!!

16 minutes ago, Quark said:

And there it will stay until 4pm on Sunday 25th June 2017.  When it will be on the Pyramid Stage.

I am now sold on this idea.

I've been sold on it since it was mentioned first a couple of years ago! It'll be brilliant fun! 

47 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I've been sold on it since it was mentioned first a couple of years ago! It'll be brilliant fun! 

Soooo much fun.  It's also giving me an evil opportunity to make my mum massively jealous :)

Been listening to her greatest hits today, hit the climax of Ain't No Mountain and honestly got goosebumps at the thought of that on a sunny Sunday afternoon on the Pyramid :danced:

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Soooo much fun.  It's also giving me an evil opportunity to make my mum massively jealous :)

Been listening to her greatest hits today, hit the climax of Ain't No Mountain and honestly got goosebumps at the thought of that on a sunny Sunday afternoon on the Pyramid :danced:

Ooh I forgot that was her! I'm going to have to do a bit of research!!! 

Evening all :) 

not sure why this has popped into my head tonight, but I remembered a few people at the meet asking for the recipe for the mince pie whisky I brought along, so here it is:

2 bottles whisky

2 teaspoons ground ginger

3 cinnamon sticks

3 teaspoons black peppercorns 

400g muscovado sugar. 

Give it a shake every day or two for about a fortnight. 

First time I did it, I used Bells, which seemed to take on lots of flavour, so I left it at that. The second time, which was the one I brought to the meet, I used bourbon, which only took on a slight flavour in the same time, so I decided to chuck in a jar of mincemeat for about a week to add a bit more fruity/spicy howsyerfather. :) 

10 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Evening all :) 

not sure why this has popped into my head tonight, but I remembered a few people at the meet asking for the recipe for the mince pie whisky I brought along, so here it is:

2 bottles whisky

2 teaspoons ground ginger

3 cinnamon sticks

3 teaspoons black peppercorns 

400g muscovado sugar. 

Give it a shake every day or two for about a fortnight. 

First time I did it, I used Bells, which seemed to take on lots of flavour, so I left it at that. The second time, which was the one I brought to the meet, I used bourbon, which only took on a slight flavour in the same time, so I decided to chuck in a jar of mincemeat for about a week to add a bit more fruity/spicy howsyerfather. :) 

Now i'm even more hacked off that I missed the meet!

Anyhoo, happy bloody Friday everyone.  Grey skies today but I'm just taking all this as penance for this year and paying it forward for next year. 

NFR NFC beeyatches x

On 7/7/2016 at 1:12 PM, lucyginger said:

I've got Chain Reaction in my head now! 

Worrying news Lucy.  Been looking at setlist.fm (planning to pick up Brave Sir Robin's torch for the 2017 playlist) and the last time Diana Ross did Chain Reaction live was 2009.  It's one she does incredibly rarely...

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

Evening all. I'm back in England. @Quark where did the news of Diana Ross surface? Could it be true?

@mr gumby did I sample the mince pie whiskey??? I don't think I did! 

Suitably relaxed I hope CG?

There's nothing solid on Diana Ross yet but she has appeared on Neil's lineup page as a rumour. So obviously I'm taking that as gospel and wondering whether to go full ballgown for Sunday afternoon next year!