• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watching the big highlights show feeling very sorry for myself. It's the evening now, why aren't I seeing a massive band on a massive stage with a massive crowd? I 'normally' do.

Very glad I couldn't see Underworld up close on the night though. Karl is old, but still looks like a rock star, but the other one looks like your dad's accountant.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Watching the big highlights show feeling very sorry for myself. It's the evening now, why aren't I seeing a massive band on a massive stage with a massive crowd? I 'normally' do.

Very glad I couldn't see Underworld up close on the night though. Karl is old, but still looks like a rock star, but the other one looks like your dad's accountant.

Underworld really do make a lot out of very little, show-wise, don't they?  Not that that's a complaint, but there's no comparison with the Chemical Brothers show last year. 

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

S2H were you standing next to me at Underworld?  My son had decided he wanted to lie down and read manga while they were on, so I was standing next to his prone body in the hope people wouldn't tread on him.  Someone who looked like you came and stood nearby a few songs into the set, but I didn't dare ask if it was you!

5 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

S2H were you standing next to me at Underworld?  My son had decided he wanted to lie down and read manga while they were on, so I was standing next to his prone body in the hope people wouldn't tread on him.  Someone who looked like you came and stood nearby a few songs into the set, but I didn't dare ask if it was you!

I don't think so. I was on the left hand side alongside or slightly on front of the mixing desk. I don't remember anyone lying down, I was in the thick of it!

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't think so. I was on the left hand side alongside or slightly on front of the mixing desk. I don't remember anyone lying down, I was in the thick of it!

Certainly wouldn't have let my son lie down there.  So you have a lookalike...  He was only wearing one hat though!

The next day when I got bored with Adele and struggled to West Holts to catch the end of James Blake's set the place where we'd been was under 6 inches of water.

Morning all :) 

What were everyone's highlights, then? I've been looking back at what I saw and did, and have come up with these:

Wednesday - first can of cider once the tents were up. 

Thursday - time in Kidz field with gumby jr, and meeting up with you lovely lot!

Friday - James on the Other, and a double header of The Wanton Bishops and The Temperance Movement at William's Green. 

Saturday - St. Paul and the Broken Bones on Other, and New York Brass Band on the Outdoor Circus Stage. 

Sunday - Band of Horses and Of Monsters and Men at JP, followed by KT Tunstall at Avalon (including a fantastic mashup of Black Horse and the Cherry Tree with Seven Nation Army performed on kazoo) and most of Earth Wind & Fire. :) 

Morning all been trying to get over my gf comedown, started watching a bit of BBC footage last night first time I could face it. So many highlights- Christine and the Queens, John grant, dub pistols, Ronnie spector and my personal fave,  bramble fm on the theatre fields. I was literally crying with laughter at the end of their set on Sunday. 

I have got the fear for tickets added to the fact that 2 of the newbies who came want to come back and 2 more of my friends want to go so our manageable group of 6 is now a group of 10..... aaagh the thought of not being on worthy farm.next June is just too much!!! Hope all of your comedowns are subsiding and we have a big job to do in weather God praising after this year. So I will be nekkid dancing to the BBC footage periodically from now on x NFR NFC everyone x

Hum.

Thursday - finally getting to the campsite a day after everyone else, dropping the rucksacks and rolling the first smoke of the weekend. Baggy Mondays at Stonebridge with the sun breaking through.

Friday - James doing Sometimes, Tomorrow and Out To Get You.  Would also have to say Bastille, thought they nailed it on the Other.

Saturday - Waking up thoroughly refreshed after crashing out at midnight on Friday!  A quiet wander on my own through Avalon and the Green Fields, catching Heal The Last Stand at Small World (complete with a proper mug of tea), Beans on Toast at Avalon and 3 Daft Monkeys at Toad Hall. New Order closing with Love Will Tear Us Apart.

Sunday - sheltering from the rain in The Buzz Stop for an open mic session, turned out to be the most chilled out hour of the weekend.  And Coldplay.

4 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

Morning all been trying to get over my gf comedown, started watching a bit of BBC footage last night first time I could face it. So many highlights- Christine and the Queens, John grant, dub pistols, Ronnie spector and my personal fave,  bramble fm on the theatre fields. I was literally crying with laughter at the end of their set on Sunday. 

Didn't get to see Dub Pistols this year, did you see them at Glade or Hell?  If they were anything like last year I'm guessing a hell of a party!

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Didn't get to see Dub Pistols this year, did you see them at Glade or Hell?  If they were anything like last year I'm guessing a hell of a party!

Saw them at the Glade then caught about the last 10 mins of hell Stage - they were brilliant, such good time tunes, everyone having a fantastic time I defy anyone not to dance when they are on stage

5 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Dear HMV,

My full title is prince Scruffylovemonster, lord high vizier of Wakefield. Due to tax reasons and my beloved townspeople being thick as shit and voting out i am looking to invest my money abroad. If you could send me your bank details with the new big fuck off pay rise in i will arrange for our combined wealth to be quadrupled in a year. This is a no lose investment for you. I look forward to hearing from you

King scruff of Yorkshire. 

And there was me drafting my "you have won the jackpot in the West Sussex lottery" email.  Beat me to it (King) Scruff

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

No just one of those occassions when I clicked on 'quote' and couldn't gte rid of it .... user error or forum error, not sure which, but had nothing useful to say at all lol

I tested this with your comment and it took ages to get rid of it. I did succeed tho. 

Evening all, I've had a really tough tiring day sunbathing. The parentals and SIL and niece went to the beach and left me to listen to my Kendall calling playlist and read a book. Dreading going back to work next week! 

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

I tested this with your comment and it took ages to get rid of it. I did succeed tho. 

Evening all, I've had a really tough tiring day sunbathing. The parentals and SIL and niece went to the beach and left me to listen to my Kendall calling playlist and read a book. Dreading going back to work next week! 

Tell ye what CG, you deffo have the right idea going on holiday after Glasto. Seriously considering doing the same thing next year. I'm also throwing in the towel for camping in the trenches and going for the glamping option next year. (all hail the ticket gods). Just cant cope with trying to sleep on a half inflated airbed and going hard for 5 days. 

8 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Tell ye what CG, you deffo have the right idea going on holiday after Glasto. Seriously considering doing the same thing next year. I'm also throwing in the towel for camping in the trenches and going for the glamping option next year. (all hail the ticket gods). Just cant cope with trying to sleep on a half inflated airbed and going hard for 5 days. 

Once left Glasto on the Monday,  had a shower at home, packed a case and flew to Ibiza from Gatwick that evening.  Got  a lot of love from my fellow passengers when they spotted my wristband. 

All was good until I came home.  Holy double come down, Batman. 

Edited by mooro