How many tickets have been sold?

whitecarlos

Yeah there's no doubt that T has always been about the band's( well and a big wheel. WTF) but it's never pretended to be otherwise so I've no issue there.I've had great times at Kinross.I'd hate there not to be a big music festival in scotland.be a real kick in the teeth for our national musical credibility.

But I think for it to have a future it may need to reinvent itself into something more accessible to a wider age group.is this new site the opportunity to do this? Some of the diversity you mentioned Ahthing.I hope so but time will tell.I fear for it if not.tickets widely available with a week to go doesn't bode well.

Get yourself down to Somerset Ahthing.you'll wish you'd done it years ago like we did !

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worked at glasto and seen all the after party areas beyond the music, every day up for 5 days straight, 12 hours 8-8 working then down to see headliners and get lost in Shangri LA etc til 6am then washed and fed to start next shidft. glasto is, by far the king of festivals.

It's been 5 years since I've been to T. Previous to that we attended about 9 or 10 years in a row. I enjoyed all of the visits to T but felt the last one we went to was a pale imitation of 1999 or 2000 one.

Extra costs have crept in over the years not to mention the ever rising ticket costs. Charges for lanyards which I am sure used to be free in our early visits. Massive increase in car park costs. There used to be masses of stalls too which gave the place, well a festival feel. They done away with alot of them to increase crowd capacity. All changes have been done gradually over the years, all for money making purpose, sneaking in extra costs along the way of course here and there.

We would always buy tickets prior to knowing the line up. Because for a while ticket prices were reasonable and you could take a bit of a punt, knowing it was going to be reasonable value for money no matter who was appearing.

Later visits were still enjoyable but a bit more costly. £20 to park the car in a field for the weekend on top of the ever increasing ticket price and uninspiring line ups. THIS is why T no longer sells out.

In the later visits we started to feel the organisers were fleecing us more and more. Which is a shame.

I hope anyone experiencing their first T in the park has a great time, its just a shame that they now organise it in a way that costs the festival goers more and more each time when they have paid more than enough for a ticket.

It was in the papers that t in the park is the best for the money because of quantity of acts

With ticketmaster fees a T in the park ticket is £220 the same as Glastonbury for a smaller lineup. Although I think probably the best value festivals are European ones like Open'er as they work out about £100 a ticket.