• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5. Alabama Shakes

4. Lionel

3. Vintage Trouble

2. Libertines

1. Everything Everything WG - people crying on stage and all around after No Reptiles. Incredible reaction considering they only played songs from an album released a week ago

More than made up for the following disappointments: Wolf Alice (WG), Jamie T, Kanye

Pharrell

Kanye

FFS (wasn't really fussed about any of the Sunday headliners but liked some of the album and so went along out of curiosity...ended up being on of my favourite sets of the weekend, so much fun!)

FKA Twigs

Lionel Ritchie

Honourable mentions to Slaves (didn't think much of the album but they're great live!), Loyle Carner, Kate Tempest & all the other great acts I've forgotten and can't be arsed to look up.

Edited by Cockney_Jesus

Florence & the Machine

Kanye

Chet Faker

Gregory Porter

Drenge

Not the best of line ups, but the great stuff was *really* great.

Honourable mention to Showhawk Duo at Bandstand (the first show).

Edited by fowls

1) Slaves (jp tent) - my must see and they didn't dissappoint, absolutely smashed it! Wished I'd seen them on the hell stage but didn't make it in time.

2) PSB - like the albums but they really are a great live act and the glade was the perfect setting.

3) Alt-j - always found them ok but slightly boring on record but really enjoyed their pyramid set. Being led on the grass in the sun may have helped!

4) Alabama Shakes - fantastic despite the horrendous rain coming down.

5)Jamie T - great set. Preferred him on the jp a couple of years ago but that's a diss on the other stage sound and not jamie.

1) SFA. amazing again. The break really has done them some good and they sound relativised now. Maybe they were taken for granted a bit before. Absolutely loved it.

2) Django Django. Suffered with a power cut problem which lost them a few minutes and quite a small crowd in the JP tent with the Lionel competition. Had everyone that was there dancing though. Really good fun.

The top two were my standouts, next ones are a bit further below them...

3) Run The Jewels. I thought the sound wasn't great and that generally live hip hop can suffer a bit but as with Django Django, they got everyone dancing.

4) Everything Everything. Other stage. Really interesting musically and the singer has a great voice. They seemed genuinely pleased with their reaction.

5) Suede. Left Kanye too go and see them and wasn't disappointed. Never seen them live before but Brett Anderson was far more lively as a front man than I expected. Really got the crowd going.

Honourable mentions. Sleaford Mods - wasn't expecting much but very intense and passionate. It's a shame that it's took a bloke probably in his 40's to tap into what the disaffected kids should be doing.

Courtney Barnett, Pyramid.

The Phantom Band - tiny crowd of less than 50 people made me feel a bit sorry for them. They were good though.

The Who.

Probably forgot some others here, but I'm knackered. :)

(And bits of Florence - esp her random appearance at NYC Downlow!)

Wait, what? Was this the Friday night? I was in there most of Friday from Hot Chip, other than a brief wander round some ofShangri-La's alleys, and completely missed that. Not entirely surprising given the shape I was in... Edited by merago