Kanye West

seumasbeathan

Start off by saying I've only watched this on the tele so don't know what it was like there, but Kanye absolutely nailed that!

Genuinely one of the best sets I have ever seen from anyone, ever.

No idea why I liked it so much, not even a Kanye fan, but it just hit the spot for me.

Still think the guys an absolute w*nk of a man, but that set just really did it for me.

Crowd there seemed to go mad for it to!

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mood in the crowd was one of occasional highs but lengthy periods of bewilderment. It was all a bit jolting and was one of those sets I'd imagine comes across a lot better on the telly.

No it didn't at all m8.

I suspect most were trying to work out if his resets were deliberate, or if he was trying to be ironic in the many fuck ups that he did.

Horrible horrible set.

Have I imbibed too much or did he attempt Bohemian Rhapsody?

He did. It was met with audible exasperated cries of "oh fuck off" from several of those around me. There was also a streaker that invaded the stage early on, I'm told. I saw somebody run up but couldn't spot he/she was naked.

I still can't understand why he got all the hate for his larger than life persona, as long as there are a white guitar based band claiming it it is fine (Oasis in their glory days, Arctic Monkeys wannabe Oasis-attitude). 

His music talent is undeniable, and it would only be ignorant to claim anything other, to a much larger degree than previous headliner Jaz Z.

He did. It was met with audible exasperated cries of "oh fuck off" from several of those around me. There was also a streaker that invaded the stage early on, I'm told. I saw somebody run up but couldn't spot he/she was naked.

If only he had taken their advice......  ;)

It came across really badly on telly, to me mainly because there was nothing to look at. I kept thinking the curtain would drop and there would be a band and a proper light show and lasers and shit. A stage show. Like all the other stages on at the same time had. Not just one bloke rapping along to an (admittedly good) backing track.

I kept turning it back over to see if 'it had started yet'. It never did.

Sat in my tent struggling to get over the disappointment. Going to have to find some great food to deal with this.

Hey m8, you're in Glasto, you have 5 hrs or so of the night left.  Get your arse to Shangri La, get some Taco's and you will still have a better night than 99% of people in the UK.

I thought it was great, as did everyone around me. Yes, there were a few moments where the mood dropped a bit like the gaps and the bit where he was talking about Justin Vernon (buzzing for GETOFFAMYLAWN as he posted a few weeks ago saying he wanted Justin to turn up) but on the whole it went down really well where I was. Even Bohemian Rhapsody, bizarre though it was, seemed to come across ok.