Wellies & Food.

Conorgs

Hi guys,

It'll be mine and my friends first time at EOTR. We'll be coming from Manchester and although we have been to other festivals in the past, we aint too sure if it's a welly affair? From photos ive seen it doesnt look too bad.

Also, im not really planning on taking food, and would prefer to buy breakfast and lunch onsite from food trucks, im guessing this is doable?

Cheers for the help - i know theyre probably stupid questions but EOTR is a little on the mysterious side for us!

There is ample choice of good food and drink on site, although the food side still has to be finalised if its the same as previous years there will be good variety of different choices.

The drink side of things are here, although they are pretty relaxed about allowing you bring your own alcohol into the stage areas - 

http://endoftheroadfestival.com/food-drink/drink/

One thing to be aware of is that because its later on in the year it can get pretty chilly in the evenings and at night, so it may be as well to bring some warm clothing etc;

4th EOTR this year, I take wellies every year - haven't taken them out of the car yet.

Loads of excellent food options and drinks that aren't £5 for a can of piss.

Being aware of the chilly nights is good advice though. 

I've been 6 times out of 9 and have seen maybe 3 rain showers (out of what must be about 18-20 days spent there) and only a couple of these were heavy downpours that lasted an hour. I hope that doesn't jinx it, but I've often been amazed at how bad the weather has been through August, only to change for the better at the last minute.

Remember that you are also allowed take your own drinks into the stage areas if you want to save some money. No glass allowed, so cans and plastic bottles only.

When it rains (it does do honestly) it gets a little soft but nothing like welly mud - just take the flip flops off!!

Always a good choice of food - The Tea Stop bus is great for both breakfast and late night coffee and cake and then whatever takes your fancy in between.

As its your first time don't forget to arrive before 11pm if travelling down on Thursday after work as after that you can't get access to the camp sites - we just made it out first year!

EOTR is also on the same time as The Great Dorset Steam Fair (one of the biggest in the world) which attracts crowds of around 250,000 over the duration, so beware that the traffic around the area, particularly if you coming via the main Salisbury to Blandford road, may be a bit on the heavy side, although we have never experienced any problems (but we only live 10 miles away).

http://www.gdsf.co.uk/

• 2 weeks later...