Strummerville

airwaves

What a farce

Entry to the Strummer Stone now in a restricted, pass wristband required area.

New Strummerville, now soulless and - oh the ultimate irony- located next to the entrance from Worthy View

Joe would be turning in his grave

Sad sad sad days indeed

You don't need a special wristband or pass - at least not when I was there at about 11 on Thursday night.

New location is good. Better than in SE corner IMO. Good atmosphere too. Worth a detour if nearby but prob not worth crossing the site for it.

Had a good night in there last. Was talking to one of the girls working there. Said she was loving it. Great tunes big campfire nice vibes

Had a good night in there last. Was talking to one of the girls working there. Said she was loving it. Great tunes big campfire nice vibes

agreed. Joe's people told me they loved the new spot. The campfire area is perfect under the trees. The original site with the stone had been hard to get to since the late night queueing system, and last year's was just wrong. OK so the stone needs moving but I think Joe would agree that happy people are more important.

To be exact.. Access to the stone is theoretically restricted because it's in what's now the unfairground backstage bar (The Chelsea Inn). I'm pretty sure this was known ahead of time though?

Haven't been up to the new site yet but probably will tomorrow.

Seemed nice to me - albeit ridiculously steep. Amazing view of the site. Would be worth developing it a bit more if it's staying there with some levelling and seating maybe more than one campfire.

Does seem wrong though. How much late night rave do we need?

Went up there on Thursday, all good, lots of happy people watching a bloke playing guitar in his underpants whilst shading themselves from the scorching sun.

Friday night, carnage. I spent an hour sat by the fire and, had I been counting, I would have literally lost count of the number of people who slipped and fell on their arses whilst trying to negotiate the slope leading up or down to the fire. Part of the area had to be cordoned off as it was too steep and too dangerous with the mud. I didn't return after this as it put me off, so I don't know if it actually dried out at any point over the weekend.

There's a lot to like about the new area, but it's not very wet weather friendly.

Friday night, carnage. I spent an hour sat by the fire and, had I been counting, I would have literally lost count of the number of people who slipped and fell on their arses whilst trying to negotiate the slope leading up or down to the fire. Part of the area had to be cordoned off as it was too steep and too dangerous with the mud. I didn't return after this as it put me off, so I don't know if it actually dried out at any point over the weekend.

It is was drying out fine Sat when I was up there but you could tell any rain would fuck it up and I'd say Sunday mornings would have ruined it in the trees

We found it great to chill and have a few. Staff were sound and noted bevs that little bit cheaper at the bar compared to prices in busier places

Also had some top nosh there too. Probably eats of the weekend for me