Weather

Jim_

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was definitely 14mm a couple of hours ago, was panicking when I saw it! Can deal with a couple of mm of rain a day as long as it's not belting down? Anyone have a rough estimate of how many mm of rain before wellies become a necessity?

I'm pretty sure in 2011 it only rained for an hour and it wasn't too heavy. Place was a mud fest but that was by the Sunday. It depends on how good the ground is in strathallan.

Edited by brady92

Ah I must of not seen it, I'm thinking the same like, as long as it's not pishing down all weekend and there's some sun I'm not too fussed! Weird thing is it rained most of the day and night on Sat last year and the ground was absolutely fine on the Sunday?

Edited by irm96

A lot of it depends when and the weather that follows. Last few years it has rained heavy for an hour or so but because of the sun it's not made it too bad - almost just hydrating the grass.

I have yet to wear wellies in the 5 years I've been and that won't change this year unless we get a 2012 massacre (thank fuck I wasn't there) *touchwood* .

Don't think you really need them personally - just watch where you walk really - can avoid the mud a lot by going outwith the 'standard pathways'.

Was raining one of the mornings last year and then when the Saturday headliners were on, think that was the only times.

Edited by Ahthing

Unless it's that dreaded drizzle!!

The rain that gets you wet?!

Being serious, still quite a few days away to be taking these forecasts as gospel, still plenty of time for winds to change and either drag in or push away any rain clouds.. Will have a far better idea next Tues/Wed.