Worthy View Capcity 2015

stopwn1981

Pointless how?

Because it's supposed to offer some comfort and ease, but if you potentially end up further and further away from the festival/ your car, have to queue as long to get in and then again into the festival at the bottom of the hill and then queue all day for a shower/toilets cos they don't increase the number of those along with increased capacity...that's how.

Most posts I've read have said there's no queues in or out of the car park for WV, as people are not scrambling for a tent space so the arrivals are staggered.

For us it's the convenience of being able to turn up and head straight to your tent, blow up the mattresses and that's us off to enjoy the festival.

I think you have to accept that there will always be some degree of queuing & think at least you can get a shower and have a little bit a luxury. Coupled with the fact that camping at WV you're not on top of each other, tripping over the tangled web of guy ropes & tent pegs, a quieter environment for sleeping ticks all the boxes for us.

Looking forward to meeting fellow WV neighbours very soon :dancing:

Anyone know the answer? Know it went up to 10,000 last year. Facilities survived if you were up early. The 2015 map shows more areas than 2014. I fear it will get bigger and bigger until it's basically pointless.

I don't think it is bigger, I think they have just shown more colour on the map. I've compared the 2015 crap map with the detail 2014 grid map and they are the same size imo

Because it's supposed to offer some comfort and ease, but if you potentially end up further and further away from the festival/ your car, have to queue as long to get in and then again into the festival at the bottom of the hill and then queue all day for a shower/toilets cos they don't increase the number of those along with increased capacity...that's how.

They have already said the showers and toilets have increased for this year. 

I emailed them to ask. They said that "it's the same size this year... just more special".

From reading the info pack they've added more showers/toilets, a supermarket and two or three new food outlet which might mean although the camping isn't bigger, they're using slightly more space.

I emailed them to ask. They said that "it's the same size this year... just more special".

From reading the info pack they've added more showers/toilets, a supermarket and two or three new food outlet which might mean although the camping isn't bigger, they're using slightly more space.

Aha- makes sense, thanks.

Like the sound of this. First time at WV this year and don't really know what to expect.

We liked WV last year, so staying again this year. First time there, after many years of Glasto going. It looks the same size as last year to me from the map and photos. 

The BIG advantage of WV is that the journey from car park to tent is 5 to 10 mins, and the gate another 10 mins away. No more slogging 2 to 3 miles with all your gear. Also, the scout tents are much cooler than normal tents (which heat up like a furnace), so you can stay in bed longer. Plus, I liked being able to shower every day - never queued for that long either, but I was always up around 8-ish.

Used the lock up in Pennards to store stuff I didn't want to carry around all day e.g. extra 'provisions', wellies (if otherwise sunny), so didn't have to go back to the tent. 

The hill up to WV is steep, but it's short. AS long as you're reasonably fit, you'll be ok. If not, just take it slowly.

Not long now!!! Woop, woop :)