Hayfever

Woffy

Pretty sure that has a steroid of some kind in it.

Yes it's a steroid, so probably not for the wife Woffy

I've had hayfever for years so I know the ins and outs of it. Vaseline up the nose and under the eyes to trap pollen. Try to give your face and hair a wash, though not under the taps ;) as your hair traps a lot of pollen.

For general hayfever, buy the cheap generic stuff. Piriton etc... is overpriced branded medication. Feoxfenadine is also a good antihistamine, but it's only available via prescription and some doctors are reluctant to prescribe it as it's a lot more expensive than other antihistamines. 

Edited by zero000

I'm using 180mg of Fexofenadine and Avamsys, outside of Glastonbury hay fever doesn't effect me much at Glastonbury it can be really bad. If it's like 2013 then I'm going to be double dosing both of the meds and using some eye drops as well. 2013 was horrible for hay fever.

On the topic of your wife has she spoken to a pharmacist, they really are the folks to talk to when it comes to medicines.

I live in Somerset and suffer badly with hayfever but after I've been at Glastonbury for a day or so it stops. Not sure if it's the timing or the fact that the grass has been cut so not so much pollen around but Glastonbury festival marks the end of my hayfever season for me so I hope the same is true for your wife. Have a good time anyhooooo!

For a natural allergy remedy I take MSM tablets which seem to really help. Not sure if ok during pregnancy but others could give it a try.

If you google MSM benefits people will say it can cure all sorts but I find it good for allergies and back pain (is a muscle relaxant)

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-msm-caplets-750mg-60005015

I'd be a little wary of the pseudoephedrine (and other things depending on type) in Benadryl while pregnant.

As others have mentioned, any antihistamine should work (anything ending in ine), loratadine, ceritizine, chlorphenamine, fexofenadine, list goes on, although those are the most common.

If you can't get a prescription (most doctors will ask for the generic on the prescription) make sure to get generic rather than Piriton etc. Same stuff, fraction of the price.

Other people have said vaseline - I swear by this. Around eyes and nose stops the pollen  before it gets in.

That and I find aviators work wonders, block the pollen from getting into your eyes and you look fucking sexualised as well which is a bonus :P

I started taking all my medication (tablets, spray, eye drops, infrared light thingy) at the start of March this year as I was determined that I wouldn't be affected by it, this is the earliest I have ever started taking the medication, it seemed to have worked. Today I wake up and feel okay, leave the house and after five minutes of being outside I can barely breath through my nose and my eyes are itchy as fuck.

I have become a mouth breather.

I suffer quite badly and the last week has been awful. Glasto is usually really bad for the first few days also (can't taste food usually on the wednesday and my friend finds it funny that I get so grumpy about this.) Anyway, I also don't do pills n' shit (like, prescribed ones...)

My advice is the following;

Camomile tea helps - drinking it and putting a wet tea bag on the eyes when they hurt (like cucumber)

Honey as mentioned above also helps build a resistance to the pollen

Accupuncture works a treat (not sure if there are any acupuncturists on site?)

Alternatively acupressure - pinch either side of the bridge of your nose to clear it or there's a point on your wrist that helps (PM me for details)

Spicy food also helps to clear it all up of course (although not sure about this when pregnant?)

Alcohol (obviously a no no)

Wash your face lots, wear sunglasses.

I am the same! Never as band in the country side as it is in cities.

I am ok in the outside in the country side, but going in a tent seems to really irritate mine!

Been terrible this year! Normally I am find with tablets, eye drops and nasal spray ...this year, it seems to be taking the worst of the symptoms away! ugh! (Was fine for a few days, but now its come back :()