Dave Grohl broken leg

FloorFiller

Glastonbury 2016 would be amazing, I don't know whether to believe the rumours... They would have been my only trip to the Pyramid this year, despite seeing them at Wembley the week before

Well they certainly haven't rearranged those dates for later this year without anything planned already or penciled in for next year. If R&L get Blur as well as Foo's, it won't be a massive blow for Glasto to have Foo's as well. As long as these are sold out and Glasto is sold out before any Foo's announcement which it would be as R&L would have to announce 1st then it's cool. Glasto will mean something to them, they turned down what would have been a decent money offer to do it.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they certainly haven't rearranged those dates for later this year without anything planned already or penciled in for next year. If R&L get Blur as well as Foo's, it won't be a massive blow for Glasto to have Foo's as well. As long as these are sold out and Glasto is sold out before any Foo's announcement which it would be as R&L would have to announce 1st then it's cool. Glasto will mean something to them, they turned down what would have been a decent money offer to do it.

Isn't Reading & Leeds 2016 too soon though...it would only be 4 years since they last played and they made a pretty big deal out of their return in 2012.

I think they could come over for a few european festivals next June though. They cancelled Rock Werchter in Belgium as well (which had moved the whole dates of their festival to get the Foo Fighters), I would imagine that they would be pretty keen to get them back next summer. In terms of Glastonbury 2016 I guess it really does depend on whether Emily has all 3 headliners already sorted like she said...personally I doubt she has.

Did anyone get tickets for MK? I only got my code yesterday after chasing See Tickets. They sent it through pretty quick afterwards.

Yes, managed to get the 4 I had last time, without any problems :) my other half is pleased, the ticket was his Christmas present, so Christmas 2014 was almost ruined.

Isn't Reading & Leeds 2016 too soon though...it would only be 4 years since they last played and they made a pretty big deal out of their return in 2012.

I think they could come over for a few european festivals next June though. They cancelled Rock Werchter in Belgium as well (which had moved the whole dates of their festival to get the Foo Fighters), I would imagine that they would be pretty keen to get them back next summer. In terms of Glastonbury 2016 I guess it really does depend on whether Emily has all 3 headliners already sorted like she said...personally I doubt she has.

I also doubt she has sorted them - they like saying they are sorted and they never usually are. I would love the Foos to be one of the headliners and personally hope, that when they sorted out the new dates they also re-arranged the cancelled festival dates they had. Could be the last part of their Sonic Highways tour before going off and making another Sonic Highways (according to media reports)

From what I can see on FB, looks like there were alot of problems with the codes. I had to phone Seetickets to enquire where mine was yesterday afternoon and they told me they hadn't been sent out yet... Then I found it in my junk mail sent at 9am yesterday so I'm not sure what the person on the phone was talking about!

Had no issues this morning, straight in and purchased four by 9.02 according to the booking conf.

I'm actually on holiday that week but luckily I've been able to change my flight to come home a day early. Yes I want to go that much!

• 2 weeks later...

Quote from yer man Dave on Glastonbury: "All of those stories about me talking to Michael Eavis are complete bullshit. I've never spoken to, met, or even contacted him in my life. I sent one email to Emily and her husband, apologising for missing the event, and she invited me to come back someday, even just to camp out and watch the show for the weekend. I read all of those articles saying we confirmed for next year and just laughed. Total fucking bullshit. Of course, I'd love to come back and play Glastonbury! But don't believe everything you read kids..."

Quote from yer man Dave on Glastonbury: "All of those stories about me talking to Michael Eavis are complete bullshit. I've never spoken to, met, or even contacted him in my life. I sent one email to Emily and her husband, apologising for missing the event, and she invited me to come back someday, even just to camp out and watch the show for the weekend. I read all of those articles saying we confirmed for next year and just laughed. Total fucking bullshit. Of course, I'd love to come back and play Glastonbury! But don't believe everything you read kids..."

Bloody media, trying to convince of things that aren't true, like this, and AIDS.

• 3 weeks later...

After a pair for saturday if anybody happens to have any going :) there's loads on twickets but I'm wary of buying etickets from a stranger...

I have a spare ticket for Saturday if anyone is interested? Obviously will be at face value, give me a shout if interested.

Feel the love, brothers and sisters!