Going by bike

bruno66

Well thinking about it anyway! Seeing as I can't get an onsite campervan pass I've booked into a campsite a couple of miles away. Now I'm wondering if it's possible/safe/secure to be able to cycle to the festival? Mainly is there somewhere secure I can leave it?

I have wondered about this. All I can find is that bikes can't be stored in carparks or motorbike parks. Even when Bruce biked it from London there was nothing to encourage the public to bike in. Probably a bit dangerous anyway, especially with a few in you. There's plenty of units with railings etc on the way to the arena entrance though if you do decide to do it. That's where I'd scoped out if I ever did it. Take a big lock and chain it somewhere near where security are. There probably is a designated place so I'd be emailing or publicly tweeting download to find out.

If you're camping at Shardlow, I've heard that there's a good cycle route between there and Castle Donington. Be warned, however, that a significant amount of the journey to the festival is uphill!

A bit hilly is probably an understatement - the road from Castle Donington village to Donington Park is nearly all one massive steep hill that even my car struggles with at times! ;)

Aye, hot quite as heavy going as your Scottish mountains, but still a bit of a struggle, especially after a pint or three! ;)