2016 Other Stage headliners

Rose-Colored Boy

Bon Iver could easily be the non dance one but I think Other sub for The 1975. They shouldn't as they're shocking but I see it.

So we're up to for fun:

Disclosure

Bon Iver

The Prodigy

The 1975

Two more sub acts and we're sorted lol. Can Bon Iver really demand a Other headline slot though?

That's not fun, that's horrific.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can Bon Iver really demand a Other headline slot though?

Yeah. Even if they're in a there or thereabouts position, there's not really another slot for them. Daylight and disinterested folk would kill it.

I don't think they'll be about next summer though. AFAIK Justin hasn't really been working on Bon Iver stuff for ages so you have to account for writing and recording a new album over the next year which I don't think will happen.

Yeah. Even if they're in a there or thereabouts position, there's not really another slot for them. Daylight and disinterested folk would kill it.

I don't think they'll be about next summer though. AFAIK Justin hasn't really been working on Bon Iver stuff for ages so you have to account for writing and recording a new album over the next year which I don't think will happen.

I thought they were back this year. Or is that just a one off thing?

That's not fun, that's horrific.

It is indeed.

Will they keep with having 3 dancey Other headliners?

Not necessarily but it does seem they planned to have 3 dance headers this year even with Kanye as a header too. I'd like to say that Rudimental were never planned as one but Ronson wouldn't have been lower than sub given he had  alive show that needed a bit of dark.

Bon Iver could easily be the non dance one but I think Other sub for The 1975. They shouldn't as they're shocking but I see it.

So we're up to for fun:

Disclosure

Bon Iver

The Prodigy

The 1975

Two more sub acts and we're sorted lol. Can Bon Iver really demand a Other headline slot though?

I think The 1975 would be a really strong sub but I suppose we've had those in Paolo Nutini and Ben Howard in the last couple of years. You might be right though as the more I think about it I'm not sure if they quite have the pull at Glastonbury to headline the Other stage.

I think Bon Iver was doing arenas on the last tour so I'd say he's big enough.

Could it not be done as an Other sub? There is enough darkness comfortably for it not to be a daylight set.

I think The 1975 would be a really strong sub but I suppose we've had those in Paolo Nutini and Ben Howard in the last couple of years. You might be right though as the more I think about it I'm not sure if they quite have the pull at Glastonbury to headline the Other stage.

You underestimate The 1975. The live demand for them is enormous. I see them as easily Other headliner size once they have released their new album - although whether a Glasto crowd would like that is debatable. Certainly wouldn't be popular on efests!

I thought they were back this year. Or is that just a one off thing?

Just a one off gig for a festival Justin Vernon and one of The National are hosting. He said the gig "signalled a new life" for the band so I'm hoping they'll have recorded an album in time for next summer.

You underestimate The 1975. The live demand for them is enormous. I see them as easily Other headliner size once they have released their new album - although whether a Glasto crowd would like that is debatable. Certainly wouldn't be popular on efests!

Really? I'm the only one who's suggested them headlining it is a possibility :lol:

Yeah I think based on tour sales they are (or will be) big enough but you could say the same for Ben Howard. Probably basing this off efests but like you I'm just not sure if they're big enough within Glastonbury's demographic.

Haha, this is very Alt-J conversation ;). Again I'm going to disagree they'd be anything other than a normal sub, they actually haven't as yet based on London shows reached Alt-J yet. Bon Iver did but it was only one in Glasgow, MEN and London which was Wembley Arena so I'm just about going to put him/them in the Ben Howard slot from this year. Nutini is a funny one, while he was selling his tickets like hot cakes before his Glasto Other sub spot for a few years, the venue's weren't arena's.

Really? I'm the only one who's suggested them headlining it is a possibility :lol:

Yeah I think based on tour sales they are (or will be) big enough but you could say the same for Ben Howard. Probably basing this off efests but like you I'm just not sure if they're big enough within Glastonbury's demographic.

Whoops, failed to read your post properly, apologies!

Foals

Kendrick Lamar

Disclosure

Foals will probably sub the Pyramid but I couldn't think who else to chose at this point.

always find it difficult to pin where kendrick would play...probably too big for west holts? Would suit subbing a hip hop act on the pyramid but that probably won't happen again soon. Is he big enough to headline other?

Dizzee Rascal one night? Or has his time come and gone?

Did you know he released a new single a couple of months ago?

Me either until I googled it, single didn't even chart. He was too small to sub in 2013, he won't play a big spot again.

Edited by Matt42

always find it difficult to pin where kendrick would play...probably too big for west holts? Would suit subbing a hip hop act on the pyramid but that probably won't happen again soon. Is he big enough to headline other?

I think he'll sub Pyramid next year below a pop act. Rihanna/Swift if they play, perhaps.