"Good times" acts

GregsyA

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I posted on last years thread:

"Not a live act as such but Wheel Of Four Tunes have been the highlight of my last 2 Glastonburys. 2 dudes dressed as Power Rangers with a wheel of music genres such as Rock, Cheese, Motown, ska, Disco, etc. They get someone from the crowd up to spin the wheel and whatever genre it lands on they play four songs from that genre. This continues for 2 hours!

It sounds fairly generic but it is absolutely brilliant and their song choices for each genre are absolutely perfect. Lots of maniac dancing and their banter with the crowd is fantastic. They play on the Sensation Seekers stage in the early hours and what is brilliant is seeing the crowd grow larger and larger throughout their set as more and more people who are trudging towards the South East Corner queuing system get drawn in by the party atmosphere they are generating. I have seen them start with a crowd of 20 which has grown to about 1500 people by the end of their set.

They are the definition of an "Instant Fun" act. "

And subsequent feedback post-festival from Brave Sir Robin:

"Thanks so much for this recommendation, had such a great time with these guys! Nearly lost my voice yelling along to all the cheesy tunes, was so nice in the midst of all the critically acclaimed stuff around the rest of the festival!"

I would recommend their Thursday night set on Sensation Seekers as it is their longest and doesn't clash with anything huge. I intend to go and see them again on the Saturday night after The Mothership too.

This is what I posted on last years thread:

"Not a live act as such but Wheel Of Four Tunes have been the highlight of my last 2 Glastonburys. 2 dudes dressed as Power Rangers with a wheel of music genres such as Rock, Cheese, Motown, ska, Disco, etc. They get someone from the crowd up to spin the wheel and whatever genre it lands on they play four songs from that genre. This continues for 2 hours!

It sounds fairly generic but it is absolutely brilliant and their song choices for each genre are absolutely perfect. Lots of maniac dancing and their banter with the crowd is fantastic. They play on the Sensation Seekers stage in the early hours and what is brilliant is seeing the crowd grow larger and larger throughout their set as more and more people who are trudging towards the South East Corner queuing system get drawn in by the party atmosphere they are generating. I have seen them start with a crowd of 20 which has grown to about 1500 people by the end of their set.

They are the definition of an "Instant Fun" act. "

And subsequent feedback post-festival from Brave Sir Robin:

"Thanks so much for this recommendation, had such a great time with these guys! Nearly lost my voice yelling along to all the cheesy tunes, was so nice in the midst of all the critically acclaimed stuff around the rest of the festival!"

I would recommend their Thursday night set on Sensation Seekers as it is their longest and doesn't clash with anything huge. I intend to go and see them again on the Saturday night after The Mothership too.

Ah thanks for reminding me, that's the other tip that I followed up on last year. Brilliant and hilarious Saturday night at about 2 in the morning!

Sunday Avalon stage 2pm Ferocious Dog....... they will wake you up and have the place moshing :)

Are they on at any other time? After checking out videos I would like to catch them, but my sunday afternoon is already mapped out.

Think they may be playing The Bimble Inn at some point.

The Bimble Inn Sat 7:45 :)

I stumbled into the tail end of Carnival Collective on the Small World stage last year, Wednesday night I think, although it might have been Thursday night. Great atmosphere, fantastic foot-stomping Carnival beats. A personal highlight of Glasto 2014. I can totally recommend them and I think they're playing somewhere on Thursday this year (can't be bothered to search through the line-up right now).

"Inspector Norse".

The crescendo at 4:11 on this vid frinstance. I'm having me a v tall glass of those shivers in a couple weeks.

I see me. :) That was one of my favourite gig moments ever. Everyone was SOOOO into it and happy. The whole thing was fantastic. A huge party :)

Edited by willsnewman

wow my suggestion got downvoted! :fuck:

I can understand some of your red numbers but not for that one! Raghu Dixit is one jolly fellow on stage, he knows how to tug the heart strings as well. Top bloke to see.

Just gunna mention Bellowhead, who of which just announced that they are gunna do a farewell tour before parting ways

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=ccf32536331afda9fed2bb869&id=d826cdbd6c

This is what I wrote on FB comments:

This is soul destroying news to be quite frank! Really been a staple band for 9 years of my 17. Not much can beat dancing to Bellowhead with a cup of cider in hand. A band who strike a bolt of happiness into my heart.

Shit, they've always been on my "to see" list, I need to get on this.

They really are one of the best live bands I've ever seen. Sometimes I find a whole record of theirs a little testing but they are just on another level in person.

Have they ever played Glastonbury? Mentioned them elsewhere but can thoroughly recommend Moulettes who I think toured with them and are playing at Avalon, really fantastically good live.