Most overcrowded Stage?

dingbat2

We all know that the Pyramid will get the biggest crowds, but what will be the most overcrowded stage over the weekend? A few I can see getting rammed and spilling out outside the tent / stage are Suede in the JP stage on Saturday, PSB at the Glade, Super Furry Animals at the Park and Slaves at the Hell Stage? What do you think?

... and whats been the most overcrowded stage you have been at previously?

Edited by dingbat2

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sonic, because altho its huge the part where you can actually see is comparatively very small. it is a terribly designed stage in my opinion,

i probably won't be seeing many acts on it tho so thats all good.

in terms of pure overcrowding it will be the WOW stage on the thursday, as is tradition. and hopefully not Block 9 on the thursday but it probably will be.

depends who's playing the Thursday sets at williams green and how well known it is around site of who it might be. that could be bad but equally could be fine.

most things on fri, sat and sun are fine because the crowds are dispersed properly due to the lineup. I do recall laughing at how busy the kooks secret set on the JP was.

Pyramid wise it will be Lionel. This year's dolly!

Edited by Memory Man

... and whats been the most overcrowded stage you have been at previously?

Rolf, West Holts, 2010... nightmare.

On the whole I'll steer clear of crowded venues though. When the Stones played the other year I was in Glebelands watching Mitch Benn with about 10 other people... it was brilliant.

Usually with the John Peel stage when it appears to be packed from the bottom of the hill there's still pleanty of space just outside the tent on the slope at the north side.

Edited by fur_q

On the whole I'll steer clear of crowded venues though. When the Stones played the other year I was in Glebelands watching Mitch Benn with about 10 other people... it was brilliant.

First time i saw Rolf was in the avalon tent! :rolleyes: That was pre super-fence too.

I reckon PSB will be rammed more than anything else, should be interesting to see the crowd that RTJ draw as well, but that field has great capacity (apart from R**f in 2009, which was ludicrous).

Full of chairs right at the top near Brothers. Wasn't even that busy closer, you just couldn't get near.

I reckon PSB will be rammed more than anything else, should be interesting to see the crowd that RTJ draw as well, but that field has great capacity (apart from R**f in 2009, which was ludicrous).

Jurassic 5 last year (or year before?) was crazy busy.

The (not secret at all) secret sets up at the park were crazy as well. They had to shut the Park for Pulp.

I'm hoping it is dry on the Saturday night as I want to see Suede but really struggle in packed crowds.

Do people think Suede will be rammed regardless of the weather? What are the numbers generally like for a JP Headliner?

Not sure about Suede, but saw Phoenix go a fantastic headline slot a couple of years back. Not rammed until I got inside the tent. Can't remember what the weather was doing though.

Edited by big__phil

I'm hoping it is dry on the Saturday night as I want to see Suede but really struggle in packed crowds.

Do people think Suede will be rammed regardless of the weather? What are the numbers generally like for a JP Headliner?

I was there last year for mgmt and like I said the bottom of the field outside the tent was rammed by the time they came on but we where stood right by the entrance to the tent on the north side and there was nobody in front of us for about 5 meters. We could easily have gone further in but I wanted to smoke and you get a slightly better view if your up the hill a little bit.

Done a couple of JP headliners, one rammed, one not rammed (walked to the front few rows). I think there will be a good split on Saturday headliners if this site is anything to go by, so hopefully not too overcrowded.

Radiohead and Pulp in The Park were insane, I was at the front for Rolf on WH but from what I heard the whole area was grid locked. Keane on Avalon was mental. Blondie on Other last year, Rolling Stones & Dolly on Pyramid.

This year, Lionel on the Pyramid, Vaccines on Other, Hot Chip on WH and I would think Lulu on Avalon will all be completely packed out.

But you missed the Stones.

I was by west holts for public enemy......great decision (no interest in past legends watering down their legacy playing for the money alone) esp as the big crush to even get by the stones resulted in it being easy to get to the very front as most of the crowd didnt show up till the set had started.

On who saw what when the Stones were on, I ended up getting a crap spot for the Stones, stuck towards the back where it was really rammed but nobody was moving. So after an hour and some enjoyable songs, two of us decided to leg it and managed to catch the full Hurts set on JP. Along with about 200 other people.. the barrier was 2 deep and the tent pretty empty. Poor Hurts.