Am I too old?!

clare2808

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, this is my first T in the park and am worried I'll be too old?! I've been to Glastonbury twice and other smaller festivals and had a great time! I'm 42 and am going with my 15 year old daughter, it's her first festival. Someone please reassure me that I'm not going to look like a complete saddo!?

You are roughly the same age as me and I still mosh so I will say no.....

Come, enjoy the atmosphere......

I was going to ask the same question without admitting my age! Its my 1st time & getting a bit nervous lol, don't feel so bad now

Don't be nervous! You'll have a great time! I'm 42 and after a lengthy T break, took my 14 year old daughter for the first time last year. We had a ball!!! Admittedly, it's a predominantly 20-something crowd at most, but go with the attitude that you're going to have fun, and you will! :-)

It's my first T in the Park and I'm 54. It's all in the mind...People my age are no fun truth be told...

I feel more and more alienated as time goes on. I have ex girlfriends who are old ladies now, the highlight of their week is a coffee and gossip whilst out shopping. They look at me and think they had a lucky escape I think :) Fuck them, there is nothing better in life than letting it go at a festival. Well except maybe a ski holiday when the powder is fresh. Or nailing a gnar descent on your mountain bike but you get the gist :)

I feel more and more alienated as time goes on. I have ex girlfriends who are old ladies now, the highlight of their week is a coffee and gossip whilst out shopping. They look at me and think they had a lucky escape I think :) Fuck them, there is nothing better in life than letting it go at a festival. Well except maybe a ski holiday when the powder is fresh. Or nailing a gnar descent on your mountain bike but you get the gist :)

Exactly! Cheers! Except I prefer the surf to the powder...If you see an old Yank screaming at The Libertines show, that's me...

I was at the 1st T & I was 33 then. I've missed two since, as I was at festivals abroad. I usually attend T plus another one or two every year. For the last seven or eight year I have wondered if I should be cutting back on gigs & festivals but my kids (grown up & not kids anymore) won't hear of it. As my son says, live music has been a massive part of my life & without it I'd spend a lot of time sitting in my slippers, watching crap TV, and waiting for my box.

• 3 weeks later...

I must be the oldest rock chic going to v fest, something I've been wanting to do for years, any advice would be gratefully received.

You could try the V fest forum! :) Also, if you are a rock chick, don't go to V fest. Or T. Download, Reading Leeds or just about any other festival would suit better.