I'll give you a time, you give me an act

SwedgeAntilles

Anyone got any recommended acts for the Sunday morning/afternoon?

Marcus Brigstocke's Policy Unit on Cabaret, used to be called "the early edition"

Brigstoke and Phil Jupitus plus a couple more (Matt Kirshen has been a guest) sit down and rifle through the sunday papers and take the piss. Very funny! Good if you're towards the left of the political spectrum. Loads of Telegraph, Mail hate plus a laugh at the expense of the local pilton / glastonbury sheep stories.

Just had a listen to them, sound good! I need some more pyramid acts, I think I've only got 2 on at the moment. Friday and Saturday are still difficult though....

For the Pyramid or just in general?

got a gap between Courtney Barnett (finishes at 13:00) and Gregory Poter (starts at 17:00) on the Saturday! there are some acts i could go and see, but some suggestions would be welcome!

Slaves on JP at 2pm. Dirty, ballsy garage if that's your thing

got a gap between Courtney Barnett (finishes at 13:00) and Gregory Porter (starts at 17:00) on the Saturday! there are some acts i could go and see, but some suggestions would be welcome!

Everything Everything (WG 1420-1510h) then

Gaz Coombes (Park 1530-1630h) then half an hour to get to Mr Porter.

Simples.

:)

Ben

I have a few times that i'd like some recommendations for, Friday between 3 and 6 I have no idea who to see, Saturday between 4 and 6 and then Sunday morning between 11 and 2.

Here's my clashfinder to look at to see the sorts of acts I like! Generally I prioritise the 'interesting' acts over the 'fun' acts :)

http:///s/g2015/?user=Drowningfish6

Saturday 4-6pm. Hip Hop Karaoke in Stonebridge.

got a gap between Courtney Barnett (finishes at 13:00) and Gregory Porter (starts at 17:00) on the Saturday! there are some acts i could go and see, but some suggestions would be welcome!

Are Young Fathers not your sort of thing? I'm similar in that there's a gap between Courtney Barnett and The Maccabees for me but I'll probably go and see Young Fathers and a couple of others during that.

I have a few times that i'd like some recommendations for, Friday between 3 and 6 I have no idea who to see, Saturday between 4 and 6 and then Sunday morning between 11 and 2.

Here's my clashfinder to look at to see the sorts of acts I like! Generally I prioritise the 'interesting' acts over the 'fun' acts :)

http:///s/g2015/?user=Drowningfish6

Judging by your clashfinder think you'd enjoy Chet Faker on John Peel Friday 4pm. Have been looking forward to seeing him live for ages so was happy when he got announced yesterday.

Are Young Fathers not your sort of thing? I'm similar in that there's a gap between Courtney Barnett and The Maccabees for me but I'll probably go and see Young Fathers and a couple of others during that.

yeah i'll go see Young Fathers if there's nothing else on but them on the Other stage sounds just awful to me - expected them to be in JP (which still wouldn't have been the best, but much better than the hellhole that is the Other stage)

may just use that time to venture to the Park and watch whatevers on as i'm quite upset that i've got barely anything lined up for that area this year - there's so much on but it all clashes. a nice chilled sit on the hill with a joint and a pint would hit the spot i reckon

yeah i'll go see Young Fathers if there's nothing else on but them on the Other stage sounds just awful to me - expected them to be in JP (which still wouldn't have been the best, but much better than the hellhole that is the Other stage)

may just use that time to venture to the Park and watch whatevers on as i'm quite upset that i've got barely anything lined up for that area this year - there's so much on but it all clashes. a nice chilled sit on the hill with a joint and a pint would hit the spot i reckon

Ah right, yeah I agree it's not the best stage for them but they're still the best option at that time.

We were debating whether Young fathers would be worth seeing on such a big stage after seeing them last night. There's a chance they'd fail but just imagine the field going mental to Shame and Get up if they pulled it off

Sunday - The Smyths 11am Williams Green, smiths covers. Davos at the glade 12.40, piano house classics played live on a piano.

Sat Burt Bacharach 4.30pm

Friday Jungle?

Just given this guy a listen on Youtube. Very talented.

Sunday morning, Other stage 11 am - 11:40 am.

Rival Sons

This band is one to see over the weekend if you get the chance, i saw these live in march and they are absolutely incredible, give these guys a chance and you will not regret it. Absolute amazing, well worth a watch!

Edited by Gurndalf

sunday night I plan to pull an all nighter then just get on the coach as return leaves at 6am...thing is I have nothing planned after mad dog mcreas set which finishes at 1am.......can anyone reccomend me any early morning stuff going on to kill my time until time to head to the bus?

Craig Charles is in Heaven from 1am until 3am. Playing funky tunes, should be fun.

There isnt much at all around Sonic on Sat night that I want to see before Leftfield.

Todd Terje is an option. Anything else?

Death from Above 1979 on JP?

Congo Natty (nee Rebel MC) on Arcadia

DJ Hype old skool drum n bass at the Blues

is that craig charles as in red dwarf craig charles? I had no idea lister was even a dj!.....I know hed been at glasto before or id seen the name but Id never made the connection haha, cheers dude will definitly be getting down to see that.....does he cover any songs from the show? because that would be unreal.......a hell stage version of tounge tied? lol

The very same! I've not actually seen him so don't know about covers. Been meaning to see him since I discovered he was a DJ on here a few months ago.

is that craig charles as in red dwarf craig charles? I had no idea lister was even a dj!.....I know hed been at glasto before or id seen the name but Id never made the connection haha, cheers dude will definitly be getting down to see that.....does he cover any songs from the show? because that would be unreal.......a hell stage version of tounge tied? lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3t3IKlXqFU

He has a residency in manchester. Plays funk tunes. It is a fantastic night. Last years daytime set at the hell stage was a real highlight. I couldnt recommend it more.

He really loves the Rainbow theme too

https://youtu.be/jTLWQQvZcu4

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

There isnt much at all around Sonic on Sat night that I want to see before Leftfield.

Todd Terje is an option. Anything else?

Tall Black Guy is playing La Pussy Parlure before Leftfield's set, nice and close.

Alternatively round the corner inbetween JP and Pyramid there's a Maribou State DJ set and ends 15 mins before Leftfield giving you plenty of time

EDIT: This is in The Beat Hotel

Edited by deadpheasant