Walking time between stages

briddj

2 minutes ago, mazola said:

I'd probably take a route twice as long going fuck knows where, it's a lot easier sitting here with google earth in front of me

This is the truth of the matter 😁

fwiw I just traced out my route and it's somehow 150m longer, so now I'm feeling confused and unsure of myself even though I'm sat on Google Earth

It's addictive!

a few years back (2013ish) someone built a 3d model of Glastonbury and uploaded it to google earth, if i remember rightly pretty much all of the venues where there right down to the smallish tents. Would love to see it again in google earth vr, and have a walk round the festival in vr!

40 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Nope, just after I found out Paul & Jacqui are headlining the acoustic but they will probably end before the Park headliner starts. I google for that timetable and of course this thread came up.

I reckon this is the quickest route, using the tunnel cut through assuming it's open this year.

I'd still want to allow a good half hour for it though, and that's assuming no mud and that the WH crowd isn't too dense.

image.png.bdeb5735abaa07fd03462b9ad8d4a934.png

26 minutes ago, incident said:

I reckon this is the quickest route, using the tunnel cut through assuming it's open this year.

I'd still want to allow a good half hour for it though, and that's assuming no mud and that the WH crowd isn't too dense.

Great! What's the tunnel?

Edited by fightoffyour

I did some route distances with the new map overlayed on Google earth and Other to Pyramid is now about 300m longer if you go by the the left of the other stage (as you look at it), rather then the right. 

File is in the oxfam festivals group if anyone wants it.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/oxfamfestivalsteam/permalink/10159140829148195/?sfnsn=scwspmo&ref=share

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I did some route distances with the new map overlayed on Google earth and Other to Pyramid is now about 300m longer if you go by the the left of the other stage (as you look at it), rather then the right. 

File is in the oxfam festivals group if anyone wants it.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/oxfamfestivalsteam/permalink/10159140829148195/?sfnsn=scwspmo&ref=share

Ah that sounds awesome, is there any chance someone could share a link to the file here? I don't have facebook 🙂

1 hour ago, incident said:

What are you using to map this?

2 minutes ago, mazola said:

I'm using the desktop version of google earth, then changing the timeline to june 2019 to get the overhead

Thanks!

Actually just stumbled across it in another thread

Cant believe I've never done this before