Jump to content

Glastocam!


pauladam

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

Look at the dust being kicked up by this lorry near Greenpeace:
image.png.391ba91cba0453d574d267c698fffedf.png

Its been dry here for days. Just back from my bumble and it started to spit with rain. Was hoping it would turn into a light drizze, as that would have been perfect weather for running. But no, I sweated more moisture than I received from the weather gods. Perfect festival weather.

The ground is good, with lush grass. Which reminds me,  I must mow the lawn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Were you the solitary users of the campsite?!

Which one did you go to? 🙂 

Looking to take my gf and dog camping perhaps later this summer or next. 🙂 

Greenacres campsite, north wootton, a shortish walk from Pilton. Nice hotel closeby for a meal and a drink. Clean facilities, plenty hot water, showers etc. 40 pitches and we were the only ones on site! Not sure about the dog policy, you would have to contact them. I would recommend it for a peaceful break with Glastonbury, Wells etc a short drive away.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Its been dry here for days. Just back from my bumble and it started to spit with rain. Was hoping it would turn into a light drizze, as that would have been perfect weather for running. But no, I sweated more moisture than I received from the weather gods. Perfect festival weather.

The ground is good, with lush grass. Which reminds me,  I must mow the lawn.

It's still No Mow May in my garden.  Perfect excuse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, stuie said:

It's still No Mow May in my garden.  Perfect excuse. 

I like the idea of No Mow May, but my lawn goes to seed really easily and I end up with grass growing on the paths and in the beds and everywhere really if I don't mow it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

We did that. He released a book with the images which I have a copy of. We didn’t make the cut. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

We did that. He released a book with the images which I have a copy of. We didn’t make the cut. 

Was that because you were too excited to have your picture taken. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Was that because you were too excited to have your picture taken. 

I suspect it was because, being a teacher, I wrapped my shirt around my face rather than risk being struck off if a colleague or student ever saw the picture. Sensible, but not really in keeping with the ethos… 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Even though we cannot see anything on the webcam, looks like the GoS build is progressing quite well. 

Theres certainly lots of activity up there!

And the fence build is continuing at a pace towards Gate A!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I suspect it was because, being a teacher, I wrapped my shirt around my face rather than risk being struck off if a colleague or student ever saw the picture. Sensible, but not really in keeping with the ethos… 

 

We’re you also “sick” on the Friday and Monday?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's Blutarsky's Daily Digest. Really enjoy doing a daily check and picking 4/5 highlights of activity.

 

Ground works going on just south of the Woods - there's been something going on around this area for a week or more now, but it's been obscured by trees. This is the first time it's been possible to see anything properly in that area:
image.png.5264c7eb7f9be3cb83f9a859acb75d45.png

Kit for the Pyramid mixing desk has been put out: 
image.png.c5d75c749a60fbfaada45a3ed8b43e1c.png

Back of Pyramid field urinals being set up:
image.png.83f35c81d9c8583dc2550d42553b4644.png

Skips being delivered for market areas. This is WG field: 
image.png.1a28d1fe415a6c17ddd7d771adb16cfd.png

I think this is now 4 caravans in Greenpeace field: 
image.thumb.png.9e800d9df4a48e51c238102df58aec42.png

 

Van at the Spike: 
image.png.7bc381c042741139acf9496bd1ab054d.png

Fencing crew hard at it: 
image.thumb.png.de6e9e99ee46751a00aa836258b00b9f.png

 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Here's Blutarsky's Daily Digest. Really enjoy doing a daily check and picking 4/5 highlights of activity.

 

Ground works going on just south of the Woods - there's been something going on around this area for a week or more now, but it's been obscured by trees. This is the first time it's been possible to see anything properly in that area:
image.png.5264c7eb7f9be3cb83f9a859acb75d45.png

 

not ground works.  That is a general dumping ground / storage area, they are probably moving the pile of spoil and rubble that has been there for ages. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Looks like a cactus from a mario kart course

38 minutes ago, Chazeboy said:

any idea what this structure  in field next to stones would be? a multi armed deity? or is it a tree

something new.PNG

Its a tree, but I think I would prefer it to be some random Totem

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Here's Blutarsky's Daily Digest. Really enjoy doing a daily check and picking 4/5 highlights of activity.

 

Ground works going on just south of the Woods - there's been something going on around this area for a week or more now, but it's been obscured by trees. This is the first time it's been possible to see anything properly in that area:
image.png.5264c7eb7f9be3cb83f9a859acb75d45.png

 

 

1 hour ago, pilton digger said:

not ground works.  That is a general dumping ground / storage area, they are probably moving the pile of spoil and rubble that has been there for ages. 

I think the new route from the Other Stage comes out here now rather where it always has done (circled in Red below)

image.thumb.png.f801c84c0d4d2ae517cc2e2b818a4b97.png

image.png.111ae0b13c4d588735ad413e534c45a2.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, andymk said:

 

I think the new route from the Other Stage comes out here now rather where it always has done (circled in Red below)

image.thumb.png.f801c84c0d4d2ae517cc2e2b818a4b97.png

image.png.111ae0b13c4d588735ad413e534c45a2.png

 

 

You're right.  I hadn't clocked that but the route from Other to Pyramid is a bit longer now coming out by San Remo (was Beat) rather than the old cut through

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/23/2022 at 4:08 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Greenacres campsite, north wootton, a shortish walk from Pilton. Nice hotel closeby for a meal and a drink. Clean facilities, plenty hot water, showers etc. 40 pitches and we were the only ones on site! Not sure about the dog policy, you would have to contact them. I would recommend it for a peaceful break with Glastonbury, Wells etc a short drive away.  

Don’t take dogs - shame 😞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm guessing this smallish crane behind the trees is erecting the big screen for Cineramageddon or whatever it is called.

 

car.png

6720.webp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...