Glastocam!

pauladam

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

Been off here over the weekend.

Will this mean the fence is 100% done? 

No, just that section!

I am quite happy to see pics of what’s happening. It would be cruel now after weeks of teasing, speculation, informed and ill informed guessing  to suddenly cut them! Remember the withdrawal symptoms when the camera was down. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

No ones saying the pics shouldn't be posted - just that they should have their own place. Surely two threads, as has been suggested, solves all issues:

• Glastocam - for discussion about the webcam
  • Site photos (Spoiler alert) - for any photos taken on site and potential spoilers of new things

Genuinely surprised this has caused any controversy but here we are. I'll probably be in both but fully appreciate the people who wish to discuss the webcam without seeing close up pictures of the new bits.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It hasn’t been an issue yet tbh and it’s definitely not worth even a slightly heated debate, but it basically comes down to either absolutely everyone being able to read this thread or some people feeling like they have to exclude themselves from it. Politely asking for any spoilery photos to go in a separate thread isn’t too much bother I’d say.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

No ones saying the pics shouldn't be posted - just that they should have their own place. Surely two threads, as has been suggested, solves all issues:

• Site photos (Spoiler alert) - for any photos taken on site and potential spoilers of new things

Genuinely surprised this has caused any controversy but here we are. I'll probably be in both but fully appreciate the people who wish to discuss the webcam without seeing close up pictures of the new bits.

Excellent compromise. I vote for this. I'll make the thread. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I agree

33 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Agree, this is a good idea.  And gives us two threads to view to get away from all the unpleasantness on the other threads  😔

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I'll give it about a day before GFL ask Neil to remove the thread. 

Everyone that's on site between now and Weds 22nd June will have agreed to not share photos of the build.   Once the site is secure from walkers and explorers, there shouldn't be any site photos and they will come down hard on it. 

So, just enjoy the webcam! 

45 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I think if @Neilcould just add the spoiler tag into the editor then we could easily carry on this thread without an issue. 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I'll give it about a day before GFL ask Neil to remove the thread. 

Everyone that's on site between now and Weds 22nd June will have agreed to not share photos of the build.   Once the site is secure from walkers and explorers, there shouldn't be any site photos and they will come down hard on it. 

So, just enjoy the webcam! 

Yes, I'm certain there was something in the terms and conditions when signing up for GFEL volunteering about not sharing images on social media in particular before the festival opens. And rightly so. I remember seeing IICON for the first time on the Wednesday last time round. Blew me away, totally unexpected.

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yes, I'm certain there was something in the terms and conditions when signing up for GFEL volunteering about not sharing images on social media in particular before the festival opens. And rightly so. I remember seeing IICON for the first time on the Wednesday last time round. Blew me away, totally unexpected.

I saw a pic of IIcon before the festival last time - just had a check back - it was on someone's insta story on June 20th, so nearly a week before gates opened.

I'm fairly sure I saw it here then forwarded it to my brother-in-law on whatsapp, which is where I was just able to check back for the date. 

I'm undecided on the relative merits of secrecy or not. i think I'm inclined to want a sneak peek. Certainly with IIcon it made me actively head for the stage where I might not have done otherwise.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I saw a pic of IIcon before the festival last time - just had a check back - it was on someone's insta story on June 20th, so nearly a week before gates opened.

I'm fairly sure I saw it here then forwarded it to my brother-in-law on whatsapp, which is where I was just able to check back for the date. 

I'm undecided on the relative merits of secrecy or not. i think I'm inclined to want a sneak peek. Certainly with IIcon it made me actively head for the stage where I might not have done otherwise.  

I'm fully in the 'discover it when I get there' camp. I'll probably avoid this thread (not that I come onto it too much) and just take a look at the camera now and again. The way today's going, I'll have about two threads to visit...

I kind of get the spoiler thing, but at the same time you just wouldn’t come near efests full stop if you were that bothered, this is a place that picks over every minute detail of the festival and any small morsel of info is posted all over the place. You’d also have to completely stay off twitter, instagram etc as well.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1