Glastocam!

pauladam

8 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

100%, the possibilities were endless

+1

The spider is great and all but we've seen it loads now. I love it when the festival tries crazy new ideas, even if they don't always come off. Look forward to whatever they come up with for 2023.

Edited by Junglist1981
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just to see what it was like, I found the oldest webcam footage I could from Glastonbury 2000 on YouTube.

OK, the quality isn't great and I know the festival site was smaller back then, but its amazing to see how late the new Pyramid structure was constructed, and how nothing of the main build appears until early June. 

Also once the festival opens there's still camping space in Top Webs Ash on the Thursday afternoon! 

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

Just to see what it was like, I found the oldest webcam footage I could from Glastonbury 2000 on YouTube.

OK, the quality isn't great and I know the festival site was smaller back then, but its amazing to see how late the new Pyramid structure was constructed, and how nothing of the main build appears until early June. 

Also once the festival opens there's still camping space in Top Webs Ash on the Thursday afternoon! 

The thing I do miss about the old webcam is that it looked over towards west holts

Myself and Mrs putz enjoyed a lovely 20 mile walk from wick farm all around the site perimeter yesterday. So excited seeing it all come together. Crap phone photos and we obviously stayed off the site but defo helped build the excitement. 

IMG_20220512_181934.jpg

IMG_20220512_173248.jpg

IMG_20220512_175924.jpg

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Pretty sure Joe Rush has the tools to cut a bit down to size where needed.

Yeah, that's what you'd do with a normal garden fence panel. Get the appropriate power tool out and chop it down to size. Job done.

11 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Is the roof on the other stage going up? Some day light between it and the ground where there wasn't an hour ago!

good spot, unless they have just lifted it a bit to help put her dress on

On 5/11/2022 at 10:39 PM, Lushroom said:

Glastocam people, you're definitely the best thread to ask -

I'm feeling a little day trip to Glastonbury Tor (and the Blue Note Café) in my near future. 

If I go some time next week, will I be able to see stuff like the pyramid from there? Do I need binoculars? 

I took this with a zoom lens in 2013, so you'll probably need some bins!

tor-glasto-2013.jpg

8 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

It’s just shifted a little more. 

the shooting club is back on today 

imagine the views they are getting of Pangea lying in State ( or a state ) .... worth the membership fees 

3 hours ago, CurlyPutz said:

Myself and Mrs putz enjoyed a lovely 20 mile walk from wick farm all around the site perimeter yesterday. So excited seeing it all come together. Crap phone photos and we obviously stayed off the site but defo helped build the excitement. 

IMG_20220512_181934.jpg

IMG_20220512_173248.jpg

IMG_20220512_175924.jpg

Lovely pics, we will be doing a similar walk along the Somerset lanes round the site next week all going well. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Lovely pics, we will be doing a similar walk along the Somerset lanes round the site next week all going well. 

Did I read right this year is your last Glastonbury? 😮 

2 minutes ago, tumbles said:

I think they only fully lift it when its fully loaded with lighting week of the festival. 

Yep or more specifically all of the lowerable rigs that the actual lights can attach to - so it probably won't be as late as week of, but is unlikely to be this early either.