Glastocam!

pauladam

Clearing up a bit now - can see the full span of fencing that's been built in the SE - just about. image.png.f5118eedfc28487cfc5cbfe7fc7a9906.png 

Cherry picker back in action at Arcrania: 
image.png.ce8c36f5146c771f349e22bdd31d961d.png

Think this shows the state of the ground well: there's clearly been decent rainfall overnight as it's standing on the metal flooring, but the tracks all around the site have easily soaked it up and are looking dry again already. 
image.png.a924aae663827326fd70c88e60925301.png

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

Can they take Glastonbury-on-Sea away with Pangea?

Interesting....we missed out 2019 so this will be first time for us.  What is general opinion of GoS....great fun addition....or short lived gimmick?

Just now, parsonjack said:

Interesting....we missed out 2019 so this will be first time for us.  What is general opinion of GoS....great fun addition....or short lived gimmick?

I liked it. Didn't really think it presented anything to not like to be honest. A harmless, nice little addition in my book but do tend to see a lot of negative comments. 

Just now, parsonjack said:

Another thing to me that hadn’t quite achieved its potential …. Although I’d say it has less scope for development than Pangea … it was clearly a RUSH job to get it finished 

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Overhyped for what it was - a very short pier that tried to make the pier experience authentic and to satirise it, but didn't particularly succeed in either.

45 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I liked it. I enjoyed the structure, the life guards, the robots, the free arcade games (where I got a high pinball score), the Punch and Judy show. I just found it a fun diversion which made me feel, for a short spell, like I was at the seaside. I look forward to visiting it again this year.

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

Any bets on when these 2 parts of the fence will meet? End of the week I reckon.

Webcam.thumb.jpg.d6e6cd1d42444f0b5105350fe07064ef.jpg

As long as the two parts dont miss each other when they attempt to meet and just keep going.  We could end up with two fences. 

On 5/3/2022 at 4:22 PM, mazola said:

Wow, that's a great picture of the Tony Benn tower, I don't suppose you have any more? Not sure if you have seen my thread but your picture is exactly the kind I'm looking for 

https://twitter.com/glastonbury/status/1523926562881646592?s=20&t=gEfl1Mqa_3AukIcKzkWuXQ

Edited by Staberinde
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

Cheers, saw this earlier. Mostly angles I already have. I think I'm going to have to wait until after the festival now, even if I got the whole thing now by the time I get booked in at the tattooist it will be cutting it a bit fine to have it done before the festival, don't want to be there with a fresh tattoo. At least this way I can take all the photos I need when I'm there and have it done after the festival

1 minute ago, mazola said:

Cheers, saw this earlier. Mostly angles I already have. I think I'm going to have to wait until after the festival now, even if I got the whole thing now by the time I get booked in at the tattooist it will be cutting it a bit fine to have it done before the festival, don't want to be there with a fresh tattoo. At least this way I can take all the photos I need when I'm there and have it done after the festival

Plenty of time - get it done!! 🙂

54 minutes ago, rubick said:

They look a bit steep for steps that punters would use. 

32 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

It's the Union Castle, in the woods by JPT. 

Yes just checked and the steps weren’t there last week

4 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Yes just checked and the steps weren’t there last week

They were there - I walked up them in 2019. They have become more visible lately due thinning of the trees in the wood. 

28 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

They were there - I walked up them in 2019. They have become more visible lately due thinning of the trees in the wood. 

This is from the webcam last week, they must put them in a temporary access.

image.png.502741fda4af4113891cdfdd3c321329.png