Glastocam!

pauladam

18 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Awesome work @hfuhruhurr! :) 

All the sets I tried worked perfectly! Only issue I had (which may be my end) was when zooming in the image tended to disappear off the top of the screen. A bit fiddly but I managed to solve it as you can click and drag the image back down before zooming in futher. Hope this makes sense

Yeah - I'm in two minds (being hfuhruhurr!) about the zoom thing. I'll be guided by others on what to do with it.

12 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Yeah - I'm in two minds (being hfuhruhurr!) about the zoom thing. I'll be guided by others on what to do with it.

It's a tough one.  On one hand, it's great being able to have the image and the controls on the same page, plus it's good to have more control over the zoom level that you get when viewing a raw image in the browser. 

Yet, it's a bit fiddly at the moment.  I'm not sure how to improve it, but it feels like something could be done without throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Maybe limit where it can be panned to, or cap the zoom level?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dukeicon said:

Webcam is back up and running again as of 07:30 this morning :)

Thanks for heads up, I’ve missed my daily (and sometimes more than hourly!) fix gazing at the sight and watching the cows, occasional tractor and the beautiful sight of the pyramid skeleton 👍.   

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dukeicon said:

Morning :)

recent_full.thumb.jpg.bd93ea2dbbe805dcd0c9b41f13adcb41.jpg

Magnificent views across the vale of Avalon again this morning. There is something about that low angle morning sun light on days like these that is utterly unique.  Looks better than in June in many ways on these rare clear, still winter days.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Jne___ said:

Snow!!

F7031DE8-A3FB-4B51-9E20-C33B436571B1.jpeg

it was either the winter of 1986 or the winter of 1987 - my ex and I drove from London {Photo is from Glastonbury  while we were watching the Cure on the Saturday evening 1986}  and we stopped to take some shots - {sadly all my colour paper photos were stolen Years ago but I still have the 35mm negatives and if I ever find time I will scan them into a PC} it was very weird to walk though the site when it was completely empty and to see it covered in Snow was so weird. 

We got up on the Pyramid stage and found the room under the stage - not as plush as we had imagined - no fancy seating - there was some old Civil service chairs { must have been a bulk buy } and a few old tables - we took some shots from the stage so if I ever find the right negatives I will scan them. Real shame that stage burnt down in 1994

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0085cht

1986_o.thumb.jpg.fc49e02568730bf76553b30b2a7f9507.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

it was either the winter of 1986 or the winter of 1987 - my ex and I drove from London {Photo is from Glastonbury  while we were watching the Cure on the Saturday evening 1986}  and we stopped to take some shots - {sadly all my colour paper photos were stolen Years ago but I still have the 35mm negatives and if I ever find time I will scan them into a PC} it was very weird to walk though the site when it was completely empty and to see it covered in Snow was so weird. 

We got up on the Pyramid stage and found the room under the stage - not as plush as we had imagined - no fancy seating - there was some old Civil service chairs { must have been a bulk buy } and a few old tables - we took some shots from the stage so if I ever find the right negatives I will scan them. Real shame that stage burnt down in 1994

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0085cht

1986_o.thumb.jpg.fc49e02568730bf76553b30b2a7f9507.jpg

Nice picture but Kestrel lager! ?  Awful weak stuff.😉

22 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Nice picture but Kestrel lager! ?  Awful weak stuff.😉

Even although I was born in Glasgow I have never been a big drinker and in fact the last time I was drunk was in 1974 {at my 21st birthday party hence how I can work out the date} so I am not keen on strong lager so I would have to be crazy to buy stronger lager.

We were not to know that the Bar concession was giving to the WBC in 1986 at Glastonbury {one of their first bars taking in 1986 and at the bottom the WBC Crew site} hence why we brought our own cans with us. Funny enough I lived in Wandsworth at the time and discovered the WBC were being run by BWTUC {Battersea and Wandsworth Trades Union Council} and that is how I got involved nearly 33 years ago with them in 1988.

measurestaken.thumb.jpg.b1a4b71f492a6aa3d17a60cd416cedd1.jpgwbc-86-cabin.thumb.jpg.fbab9f256aff8a3ce244c4b8e1772b3a.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

Even although I was born in Glasgow I have never been a big drinker and in fact the last time I was drunk was in 1974 {at my 21st birthday party hence how I can work out the date} so I am not keen on strong lager so I would have to be crazy to buy stronger lager.

We were not to know that the Bar concession was giving to the WBC in 1986 at Glastonbury {one of their first bars taking in 1986 and at the bottom the WBC Crew site} hence why we brought our own cans with us. Funny enough I lived in Wandsworth at the time and discovered the WBC were being run by BWTUC {Battersea and Wandsworth Trades Union Council} and that is how I got involved nearly 33 years ago with them in 1988.

measurestaken.thumb.jpg.b1a4b71f492a6aa3d17a60cd416cedd1.jpgwbc-86-cabin.thumb.jpg.fbab9f256aff8a3ce244c4b8e1772b3a.jpg

Yup, despite my tongue in cheek comment I am very much like you and quite incredibly the worst I have ever been was also my 21st , drinks were  spiked, Since then I’ve always had 4 pint limit!  The Bread and Roses is the Glasto venue we frequent the most.  Love the atmosphere and the live bands in there.