Jump to content
pauladam

Glastocam!

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

6th July 2017. 11 days after the festival finished.

 

11 days is nuts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if anyone still stays overnight on site at this time? Still saw a few tipis in the tipi circle until last week and still stuff up at Strummerville. Often wonder if anyone from the Green Fields stays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, julesdude7 said:

Does anyone know if anyone still stays overnight on site at this time? Still saw a few tipis in the tipi circle until last week and still stuff up at Strummerville. Often wonder if anyone from the Green Fields stays. 

We visited the farm a month after the 2017 festival and there was a few still there, all up at the north of the site. 

20170722_143746.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very sad looking at the cam this evening seeing how empty the fields are :(

Edited by D-Low

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone anyone link me to the post in here where you can put a date and time in and it will show you the web cam?

 

had a search of it and can’t find it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a tremendous thing that is too.

A couple from when Kylie was on. If you look closely at the second one you can see the proposal plane towing the banner.

16-30-00_default.thumb.jpg.2c784123461e8a1e2a381bf4bad8af10.jpg

15-50-00_default.thumb.jpg.233f92d0bcee78be9fa78c9eb9a7ce91.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, D-Low said:

Very sad looking at the cam this evening seeing how empty the fields are :(

What would you prefer? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caravans by Pangea went yesterday. Still seems a lot of work to be done on the pier.   Wonder if it'll be back next year - if so they need to be there about a month earlier! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kalifire said:

What would you prefer? 

It to be there FOREVER!!!! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@fatyeti24 curious to know what part of the festival they are involved in, or whether they are travellers? The cam still seems to show some caravans like these dotted about.

In the 80s / 90s I was under the impression a lot of the travellers stayed a good while afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

It to be there FOREVER!!!! 

But then you would be looking at it on the webcam and not be there....?? Careful what you wish for! haha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, julesdude7 said:

@fatyeti24 curious to know what part of the festival they are involved in, or whether they are travellers? The cam still seems to show some caravans like these dotted about.

In the 80s / 90s I was under the impression a lot of the travellers stayed a good while afterwards.

I could be wrong here, but I think they are paid workers who come after the festival to do the clean up.  I'm not sure how many actual travellers there are any more at the festival.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

We visited the farm a month after the 2017 festival and there was a few still there, all up at the north of the site. 

20170722_143746.jpg

That's Ivymead, the field used by core crew. Some people (like Tits Out Clare) actually live there all year round. There are still loads there as well as in Tom's Field which is just SE of Ivymead.

I'll be going over there later on today to tow a couple of caravans away now that WV is finally packed away. The WV work actually finished on Friday but it seems that the crew needed a few days to 'decompress' :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

That's Ivymead, the field used by core crew. Some people (like Tits Out Clare) actually live there all year round. There are still loads there as well as in Tom's Field which is just SE of Ivymead.

I'll be going over there later on today to tow a couple of caravans away now that WV is finally packed away. The WV work actually finished on Friday but it seems that the crew needed a few days to 'decompress' :)

Cheers dude, thanks for the clarification. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

That's Ivymead, the field used by core crew. Some people (like Tits Out Clare) actually live there all year round. There are still loads there as well as in Tom's Field which is just SE of Ivymead.

I'll be going over there later on today to tow a couple of caravans away now that WV is finally packed away. The WV work actually finished on Friday but it seems that the crew needed a few days to 'decompress' :)

Love that there are some living there all year round. I guess there's stuff to look after all year even during fallow years. Can't imagine what it would have been like when more new age travellers were there. I still reckon they find ways back in or are allowed ways back in, perhaps through working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

We visited the farm a month after the 2017 festival and there was a few still there, all up at the north of the site. 

20170722_143746.jpg

 

Same pic taken just now.IMG_20190716_180645.jpg

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

 

Same pic taken just now.IMG_20190716_180645.jpg

Amazing. Still looks like the same numbers. I'm going to assume these guys work on the farm, and in prep for the festival, all year round. Must be some arrangement they have with Michael.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, julesdude7 said:

Amazing. Still looks like the same numbers. I'm going to assume these guys work on the farm, and in prep for the festival, all year round. Must be some arrangement they have with Michael.

Most will be gone in the next week or three but a fair few will remain there until next year.

ME also owns a residential traveller site half way to Shepton which opened about nine years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Most will be gone in the next week or three but a fair few will remain there until next year.

ME also owns a residential traveller site half way to Shepton which opened about nine years ago.

Actually, isn't the photo the view of the Red Barn from Brimley Lane, which is looking over Tom's Field I thought?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

That's Ivymead, the field used by core crew. Some people (like Tits Out Clare) actually live there all year round. There are still loads there as well as in Tom's Field which is just SE of Ivymead.

Wait, what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...