Glastocam!

pauladam

• 5 months later...
7 minutes ago, Steel city camper said:

Do you think that once the Easter weekend is out of the way there will be a rise in activities, obviously there's a big church going community and wonder if they just hold off so not to upset the locals too much seeing as there's a few that aren't in favour of the festival as it is . 

I'd like to know why there is "obviously" a big church going community, I've never seen one here. Activity has nothing to do with any god stuff or imaginary friends,  and it hasn't anything to do with "upsetting the locals". Not sure why people keep on about locals not being in favour etc etc etc. not relevant and not even particularly true.

the main rise in activity is after the first may bank holiday, in April the trackway guys will start checking the culverts and fence prep, they will start chucking the fence up after that.  The pyramid was dressed early last year because ME was hosting a farming awards where he had won a gong.  They skinned the pyramid for the presentations and pictures.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

I'd like to know why there is "obviously" a big church going community, I've never seen one here. Activity has nothing to do with any god stuff or imaginary friends,  and it hasn't anything to do with "upsetting the locals". Not sure why people keep on about locals not being in favour etc etc etc. not relevant and not even particularly true.

the main rise in activity is after the first may bank holiday, in April the trackway guys will start checking the culverts and fence prep, they will start chucking the fence up after that.  The pyramid was dressed early last year because ME was hosting a farming awards where he had won a gong.  They skinned the pyramid for the presentations and pictures.

I think 20 years ago pilton was a lot more religious & anti festival than the average villager now, as the videos on YouTube tend to suggest, see: Goode vs Eavis, I think that's why people still have that impression 

3 hours ago, nodolphie said:

A misty start to the day but it looks like there's some action by the Pyramid Stage.

Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 09.28.12.jpg

Looks like they are just shifting the piles of hardcore that seem to have been dug up from trench across front of the Pyramid...and delivering more concrete blocks...for what I don't know.

6 hours ago, pilton digger said:

the main rise in activity is after the first may bank holiday, in April the trackway guys will start checking the culverts and fence prep, they will start chucking the fence up after that.  The pyramid was dressed early last year because ME was hosting a farming awards where he had won a gong.  They skinned the pyramid for the presentations and pictures

there may not be a quite as big a church following as there used to be but I guarantee its a dam site bigger than where I live and I'm pretty sure theres still opposition from some locals around there (rightly or wrongly ). Either way the worlds largest festival walks straight through piltons front door so I was just querying wether they take Easter in to cosideration and the locals too before the fun and games begin ! Sorry if I touched a nerve it wasn't my intention.

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Does anyone know how to access the archive of images? You used to be able to get them from any point in time, but that doesn't seem to be possible anymore.

You can edit the URL here: 

https://panodata2.panomax.com/cams/879/2015/06/07/21-00-00_default.jpg

The format is 

https://panodata2.panomax.com/cams/879/yyyy/mm/dd/hh-mm-00_default.jpg

The hours/minutes appear to be in 15 minute blocks during they daytime then...less than that at night.

For example here is 27th June at 2:15pm

https://panodata2.panomax.com/cams/879/2015/06/27/14-15-00_default.jpg

Just now, nodolphie said:

You can edit the URL here: 

https://panodata2.panomax.com/cams/879/2015/06/07/21-00-00_default.jpg

The format is 

https://panodata2.panomax.com/cams/879/yyyy/mm/dd/hh-mm-00_default.jpg

The hours/minutes appear to be in 15 minute blocks during they daytime then...less than that at night.

For example here is 27th June at 2:15pm

https://panodata2.panomax.com/cams/879/2015/06/27/14-15-00_default.jpg

Ah, I hadn't clocked that they were less frequent at night. I tried to get the sunset on the 1st March, but could only find this:

17-45-00_default.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Its great that you can access the archived images of the cam.  The gf and I took our pooch for a walk at the farm on Good Friday as we were in the SW over Easter.  Had a look through the images and found this one of us admiring the Pyramid stage like an art installation

Glastonbury Webcam Good Friday.jpg

• Upvote 2