Glastocam!

pauladam

It is indeed, what a shame that next week is predicted to be a bit miserable, wish it was sunny like today.

Not entirely sure where you're getting your forecast from, www.negativevibes.com maybe, but my forecast says late teens early 20s with 5mm of rain friday am  .......  maybe you want to lay off the weather thread for 5 minutes and join the positivity crew.

STL 

Edited by SteveTLizard
  • Upvote 3

Sorry if this has already been answered... does anyone know what the platform is right in front of the Pyramid?  Too close for the sound board I'd have thought.

I've been wondering that myself. There's a lot more going on in front the Pyramid than there has in the past. First we have the middle delay towers much further back than normal, they've fenced the whole area off now so hopefully in the next day or two it will become clear.

I can't see the platform staying where it is (there may actually be two together?), though what it may be I'm not sure.

The disabled platform is attached to the far left delay tower so its not that.

The sound and lighting desk have yet to make an appearance, yet there are 2 slightly dug out sections to the right and left of where it normally sits. I'm sure it'll become clear by the weekend...

Not entirely sure where you're getting your forecast from, www.negativevibes.com maybe, but my forecast says late teens early 20s with 5mm of rain friday am  .......  maybe you want to lay off the weather thread for 5 minutes and join the positivity crew.

STL 

Indeed the weather thread is at present negative but it's more realistic than pure blind faith :)

Edited by ghandi

Sorry if this has already been answered... does anyone know what the platform is right in front of the Pyramid?  Too close for the sound board I'd have thought.

Think it might be the backstage viewing platform that goes to the side of the stage inside the pyramid, either that or part of the sound desk structure.

Edited by I am Jon

I've been wondering that myself. There's a lot more going on in front the Pyramid than there has in the past. First we have the middle delay towers much further back than normal, they've fenced the whole area off now so hopefully in the next day or two it will become clear.

I can't see the platform staying where it is (there may actually be two together?), though what it may be I'm not sure.

The disabled platform is attached to the far left delay tower so its not that.

The sound and lighting desk have yet to make an appearance, yet there are 2 slightly dug out sections to the right and left of where it normally sits. I'm sure it'll become clear by the weekend...

Yeah, I hadn't thought of the possibility of moving it but it makes sense... it's right in the way where it is!  

Very exciting build on the Pyramid this year... can't wait to see what happens in the next couple of days.  I'm hoping for twin sound / light platforms to open up the middle view from much further down the field... for no other reason than a love of symmetry and change!

The tents setting up just below the big tree at the top of Pennards is Camplight - they've been there years now

The two cut outs in the grass in front of the pyramid fascinate me - there's something different going on there for sure. Could you split the sound desk into two camera towers?

Its looking smaller now.

Still a pretty impressive size for a bar. Was it there last year? I don't remember seeing anything like that, but I only went up there in the dark and most of my attention was consumed by the flamethrowers, fire tornados, and giant car-crushing robot hand.

Edited by Cheesey