Glastocam!

pauladam

37 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

It's probably got something to do with the works they were doing a few months back at the farm.

Uq4ENnI.jpg

Yeah this is my thought too as when I was there in August they were still doing works there and judging by the cam its the same place so should be connected. I'm struggling to think which area it is from memory though- maybe Hawkwell or Michael's mead as both of those were on a hill 

8 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Yeah this is my thought too as when I was there in August they were still doing works there and judging by the cam its the same place so should be connected. I'm struggling to think which area it is from memory though- maybe Hawkwell or Michael's mead as both of those were on a hill 

It's Hawkwell. The Hedge the is the one between Hawkwell & Row Mead.

6 hours ago, bucko said:

Plans have been passed for a 124kw Anaerobic Digestion Plant.

Not that i have a clue what it is mind but they have all the details on the mendip district council site.

qQ9vmrc.png

Full Details here: https://publicaccess.mendip.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=P94VNFKP03100

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

This is exactly the sort of content I come here for.

You are welcome ?

All farmers should have one of these to protect us countryside folk when it's time to spread that muck...

The Anaerobic digester removes biogas from the slurry and pumps the remaining digestate into a separate storage tank. From here the digestate will be spread in a  similar  manner  to  slurry under  the current farm  practices. However, it should be noted that the digestate is nitrogen rich and is much less odorous than slurry when spread on the land as the biogas, primarily methane has been removed.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just gone through and updated which panodata the archive images are on if anyone is interested!

Just amend the red bits in the url below to find the date/time you are looking for.
panodataX.panomax.com/cams/879/YYYY/MM/DD/hh-mm-00_default.jpg

2015/05/18/00-15-00            panodata3
to
2016/10/17/23-45-00            panodata3

2016/10/18/00-15-00            panodata2
to
2016/12/30/23-43-00            panodata2

2016/12/31/00-15-00            panodata1
to
2017/05/10/21-10-00            panodata1

2017/05/11/05-00-00            panodata4
to
2017/11/08/18-35-00            panodata4

2017/11/09/07-00-00            panodata5
to
2017/11/29/12-35-00            panodata5

Camera Down for 24 hours

2017/11/30/11-50-00            panodata5
to
2018/05/14/22-57-00            panodata5

2018/05/15/03-44-00            panodata1
to
2018/07/20/12-05-00            panodata1

Camera Down for 2 & half months :(

2018/10/02/14-10-00            panodata1    
to
Today                                        panodata1

• Upvote 2

On 10/3/2018 at 3:03 PM, Doug85 said:

I wonder if Hawkwell will be available to camp in this time around then. Another reason to look forward to the map! 

The top end of Hawkwell was about a 45 degree slope so if they've taken that away its no bad thing. You did get the late arrivals on Friday sticking them up there but otherwise it was a bit of an unused space.  

10 minutes ago, tumbles said:

The top end of Hawkwell was about a 45 degree slope so if they've taken that away its no bad thing. You did get the late arrivals on Friday sticking them up there but otherwise it was a bit of an unused space.  

where's the tube train going to go now ? :) 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

where's the tube train going to go now ? :) 

Haha I've got a pic of that somewhere from 2013 ( I think?) when it was almost going up the hill at Hawkwell!  12 people sleeping in there, I bet it smelt delightful each morning ?#

Plus we'll also be able to see the monorail arriving into the station now ;)

Edited by tumbles