Glastocam!

pauladam

It needs rotating a bit round to the left! There is nothing to see past the John Peel to the right yet we miss out West holts etc, though I do appreciate that it perhaps doesn't have that wider scope.

EDIT: The plot thickens....this seems to have been a temporary glitch (scanning/tracking problem?) The current image looks fine.

What's with the weird wobbly landscape on the right of the image? It doesn't look right to me:

webcamwobble.jpg
Here's what it should look like, from the old webcam:
johnpeel.jpg
Edited by Cheesey

It needs rotating a bit round to the left! There is nothing to see past the John Peel to the right yet we miss out West holts etc, though I do appreciate that it perhaps doesn't have that wider scope.

Agreed. the camera pan could be nudged slightly to the east...but this'll do for me right now!!

Good point. Found the external link easier to use, bigger view as well although the zoom is disabled using the external link for some reason:

http://glastocam.external.bbc.co.uk/

Excellent! :)

Much better than the beeb website one

Looks like they are only showing in IE9. Probably not supposed to be, best not shout about it.....

Edit: can see fence going up on left edge over the last few hours :)

Yep it may be something not to mention..................Shhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edit But Im not seeing it in IE either???

Edited by ThomThomDrum

What browser are you using? That could have something to do with it.

Looks like they are still playing about with it. They have taken away some of the options and tools from earlier today already. Maybe when traffic increases features get reduce to save on bandwidth