Glastocam!

pauladam

3 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

From memory I think I've been for a walk around the farm in early August in previous years so it may only be a few weeks. There wasn't really much left by that stage other than the Pyramid shell as always and some of the Ribbon Tower was there too.

Are Michael and the other land owners generally ok with you walking around off the recognised paths? As long as you are just exploring and nothing else? 

Seems we have little rights to do that. 

GlastoPaths.thumb.jpg.5825312ee14c961ae1cc246200e2b71e.jpg

Would you be expected to stick to the private farm tracks? Or is wandering into the woods, / fields ok? 

I live in a similar sized area of farmland and countryside in Derbyshire, but there are a LOT more recognised public rights of way, and as long as we respect the land, we're generally allowed anywhere. But I wouldn't want to assume that was the case everywhere. 

10 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Are Michael and the other land owners generally ok with you walking around off the recognised paths? As long as you are just exploring and nothing else? 

Seems we have little rights to do that. 

Would you be expected to stick to the private farm tracks? Or is wandering into the woods, / fields ok? 

I live in a similar sized area of farmland and countryside in Derbyshire, but there are a LOT more recognised public rights of way, and as long as we respect the land, we're generally allowed anywhere. But I wouldn't want to assume that was the case everywhere. 

Within reason, they're normally fine with us walking anywhere as long as we're respectful. For example I have sat in front of the pyramid, walked up the hill to where the sign would be, over to stone circle etc. None of those are directly on paths. Although there are times when I've been and they have wire down around some of the field (I assume to stop the cows escaping) so I don't go through those fields.

Edited by DareToDibble
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ell99 said:

Farm almost completely back to normal now - just some fence, the pyramid dressing and the Glasto on Sea crew still chugging away! 

Glasto on Sea will have to start the build a week after they finish the tear down I think 😂

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

Glasto on Sea will have to start the build a week after they finish the tear down I think 😂

All I can think is that is being done by farm Labour as and when they can … surely that’s not contracted to anyone ? It’s just a few bolts and screws to undo ? 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

All I can think is that is being done by farm Labour as and when they can … surely that’s not contracted to anyone ? It’s just a few bolts and screws to undo ? 

Not sure, moving large pieces of steel when cranes etc are involved I would guess some sort of training/experience would be required?

23 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

Not sure, moving large pieces of steel when cranes etc are involved I would guess some sort of training/experience would be required?

The farm hands I think do some of the earlier pyramid stuff like the skin so I’d imagine they are sufficiently skilled 

On 7/8/2022 at 12:32 AM, incident said:

In all honesty - this is the first time I've realised, and I think at the time it passed without comment on here as well - which might well be why they thought the money could be better spent elsewhere (or possibly, the flags better utilised elsewhere).

We all noticed in 2016, but I don't remember there being much talk of it in 2017, and certainly not in 2019.

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

It’s a lot of effort for the pier, isn’t it? I mean I think it’s great but when you consider they’re at it for a good 3 months+, is it worth it? 

Yes 

24 minutes ago, kalifire said:

It’s a lot of effort for the pier, isn’t it? I mean I think it’s great but when you consider they’re at it for a good 3 months+, is it worth it? 

I think the budget could be better utilised to be honest. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, watsonjm said:

Didn't know this, so yes would make sense 

They'll be using a contractor for the crane as they'll need someone to produce lift plans and act as an Appointed Person to control it. They might have some of their own people doing some of the labouring.

31 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

Going for a stroll on Tuesday 😀 so lucky to have moved up to the Mecca for amazing times 

There is quite a lot going on out of shot. Especially around the back of recycling and the bin painters area. Quite a lot of vehicles and stuff being moved. There are some cows out as well.

• Upvote 1