Glastocam!

pauladam

4 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Thanks for sharing.. I had wanted to do a comparison of the Park on the Wednesday night 2019 vs 2022 as it was noticeably busier.  I'm not sure whether this was because there were more people at the festival, more people arrived earlier than usual or because Glastonbury made the decision to tweet that this was the best place to watch the fireworks...  probably a combination of all 3 in hindsight.

1089815855_ezgif.com-gif-maker(3).gif.a7423ca82a9337e07c648729d935129e.gif

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Tr234 said:

You couldn't go as far up the hill in 2019 so maybe the spread makes it look a bit worse. Although I agree it was busier

I didn't realise that... do you think there was a reason there were less restrictions getting nearer to the fence this year?  Not that I would have gone higher up the hill if I could have... I'm more than happy being a lazy fuck and I'd rather an OK view with no exercise than a great view with some.

24 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

I didn't realise that... do you think there was a reason there were less restrictions getting nearer to the fence this year?  Not that I would have gone higher up the hill if I could have... I'm more than happy being a lazy fuck and I'd rather an OK view with no exercise than a great view with some.

For future ref the railway line is a pretty decent place to view … you get all 3 sets of fireworks … they definately shut off one of the access points off the railway to the park  by the glade although I’m sure that’s happened before … it does look way busier though 

16 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

For future ref the railway line is a pretty decent place to view … you get all 3 sets of fireworks … they definately shut off one of the access points off the railway to the park  by the glade although I’m sure that’s happened before … it does look way busier though 

We watched from the Arcadia field. Loads of space and a great view! 

5D1C7867-B2E0-407F-9F27-39F4E922782C.jpeg

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, SheffJeff said:

I think that the restrictions only existed in 2019, I'm pretty sure we could go all the way back in 2017 and before.. So this was just putting things back to normal.

7 hours ago, incident said:

I think that the restrictions only existed in 2019, I'm pretty sure we could go all the way back in 2017 and before.. So this was just putting things back to normal.

Did they have a bonfire up there in 2019 so had to rope it off for safety reasons? However this year there was the lotus flower which wasn't getting burnt till Sunday so they didn't need to? 

8 hours ago, incident said:

The webcam archive suggests there was a restriction in 2017 too, but not in 2016 or 2015. However, the fence wasn't as high up the hill for 2015/2016 so you couldn't get as high as you could this year.

image.png.31840b4bbc9db32668e370288aa7ef19.png

image.png.bf9e79fe49fb5abdb53a774eebe754f1.png

image.png.6f5e2262ab29268b02791a96929e4fdd.png

image.png.c5d492ff89164da575cf8584482a8e5a.png

image.png.6b301515a543362e7ba74c3718a4cbf7.png

I really need to stop webcam-nerding and get back to work! 🤣

1 hour ago, Robjbrear said:

Did they have a bonfire up there in 2019 so had to rope it off for safety reasons? However this year there was the lotus flower which wasn't getting burnt till Sunday so they didn't need to? 

Yeah, you might be right. Maybe they didn't want people higher than the fire.