Glastocam!

pauladam

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

When do the Pyramid screens normally get put up? Feel like it's time we finally discovered if they're using bigger ones this year.

I seem to recall they sometimes dont get put in place till the Tuesday/Wednesday of the fest itself - I have recollections of walking past pyramid on the Wed and they were just being hoisted into place and tested - I could be wrong 

Just now, pauladam said:

I seem to recall they sometimes dont get put in place till the Tuesday/Wednesday of the fest itself - I have recollections of walking past pyramid on the Wed and they were just being hoisted into place and tested - I could be wrong 

Yep that’s correct … it’s very late on 

6 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

When do the Pyramid screens normally get put up? Feel like it's time we finally discovered if they're using bigger ones this year.

3 minutes ago, pauladam said:

Just been back through the 2019 camera.  Screens starting going in and up on the Wednesday.  Speaker stacks the Mon/Tues

Edited by watsonjm

2 minutes ago, pauladam said:

Ah that makes sense. I remember there always being finish touches going on but never really paid attention to what it was. Screens sounds right!

10 minutes ago, bexj said:

Do they paint the bins in situ?

I don't know why but I imagined them standing in a shed and doing it.

image.png.170240e97a29c8f9aab1ace678042e10.png

Certainly looking that way, though I've never seen it done before on camera. I did wonder why they'd grouped them in sets of the same colour though

Edited by andymk
spelling

13 minutes ago, bexj said:

Do they paint the bins in situ?

I don't know why but I imagined them standing in a shed and doing it.

image.png.170240e97a29c8f9aab1ace678042e10.png

The more professional ones are done under shelter … there are also ones done to an area theme but most I believe are done by the larger team and in situ … @Funkyfairy! will confirm specifics 

20 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

The screens are very expensive and the less weather they are exposed to the better I'd guess.

Probably is also to minimise the hire cost.

From some of the events I’ve been around you can always tell the most expensive kit ‘cos it turns up last & disappears first. 😂

27 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Probably is also to minimise the hire cost.

From some of the events I’ve been around you can always tell the most expensive kit ‘cos it turns up last & disappears first. 😂

Yes, that follows. And some kit goes quickly cos its in demand at the next event so soon after the festival ends.

10 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Yes, that follows. And some kit goes quickly cos its in demand at the next event so soon after the festival ends.

Yep.

As an aside, I’m always amazed how quickly events pros can set up & tear down kit. Saw Muse at the O2 once in a hospitality box (don’t ask) and we stayed for another beer or two after the gig finished.

By the time we left, can’t have been more than 90 minutes at most, the vast majority of their elaborate stage set, screens, speakers etc was all dismantled and packed away ready for the next tour stop.

Seriously impressive work.  

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

They're expensive to hire, so not until the week of the festival I'm thinking Tuesday or Wednesday?  Can anyone remember that site with the date picker to view old ones?

EDIT:  Here's an image from Wednesday lunchtime as they raise the screens:
12-30-00_default.jpg

Edited by stuartbert two hats
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Yep.

As an aside, I’m always amazed how quickly events pros can set up & tear down kit. Saw Muse at the O2 once in a hospitality box (don’t ask) and we stayed for another beer or two after the gig finished.

By the time we left, can’t have been more than 90 minutes at most, the vast majority of their elaborate stage set, screens, speakers etc was all dismantled and packed away ready for the next tour stop.

Seriously impressive work.  

It is - have thought similar myself watching stage infra come down soon after last act even at Glasto. These people are building this stuff up an down so often they've got it down to a tee and its all designed to be as quick and easy to assemble / disassemble  I'd imagine.