Glastocam!

pauladam

4 minutes ago, TaylorT said:

The new Glade stage doesnt seem too BIG eh??

Surely they won’t have sides on it? Part of the greatness of the Glade was always how open it felt especially when it was under the tree’s. 

BA9CE7B3-A22B-478D-9C3A-602461F31083.png

Is that supposed to be the glade dome? Not very dome looking if so.

2 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Is that supposed to be the glade dome? Not very dome looking if so.

Its apparently the new Glade stage no? The Glade dome is where the Glade used to be haha. Why they’re changing it (budget cuts if thats true) we might never fully know. Wonder if they can’t afford the stage the Glade usually is and thats the reason. 

Seen a suggestion that with the new repeaters in The Other field that the sound from that stage would bleed across into where The Glade was previously. Seemed like a plausible explanation to me. 

That along with the idea that moving it out allows the treeline to be used as a shaded relaxing area, which the site generally lacks and was quite apparent in 2019. Current weather reports make it look like we might be more grateful for shelter from the rain in those trees come the festival!

4 hours ago, Julesdude said:

Hmmm...I'm not seeing that they're that behind, if at all. Arcadia haven't arrived but as the spider has toured quite a number of times now, the team would be well versed by now with putting it up quickly. Rest of the site looks more as it has done at this stage in previous years with this many days to go. I'd only say that Silver Hayes looks a bit empty. 

15 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Also looks like the SH build crew may have arrived from LSTD so potential for things to get going there tomorrow.

image.thumb.png.475c95b264a3079fc689aab8749e1d59.png

I’ve been told the SH build starts Saturday 11th. 

Edited by blutarsky
Typed wrong date

3 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Also looks like the SH build crew may have arrived from LSTD so potential for things to get going there tomorrow.

image.thumb.png.475c95b264a3079fc689aab8749e1d59.png

Hope they've something planned to stop this from happening at Glasto on the new (for Glasto) Lonely Hearts Club stage (as a precaution obviously because we've ordered the good dry stuff not the wet stuff).