Glastocam!

pauladam

On 6/5/2022 at 1:59 PM, stuie said:

I expect everything is on schedule but the amount that still needs to be done in 2 weeks is staggering! 

I've just been looking at this time on the Monday 2 weeks before the festival in 2019 and while there are certain things that seem to be ahead this year (pyramid sound desks and speaker/screen scaffs etc.), there are an awful lot behind on others.

Pretty much all the trackway was laid by this stage in 2019 and they'd already put the bins out.

image.png.0adcc3e0579b5389e755f93a35e40d79.png

The John Peel tent was going up

image.png.86a12c38a9a6782bd7a9277b4229f821.png

a lot more progress in Silver Hayes and the Beat Hotel marquee up

image.thumb.png.ae9a774b6bbcf3be207c4c387aacdb71.png

They'd started putting up the Tepees

image.png.f9c18d858cd27740252ac93d437e2f21.png

While I'm sure they've got it under control, it does show there's still a huge amount of work to happen over the next couple of weeks. One thing I have noticed since I started writing this post, the bar marquees are starting to go up, is this the Bread and Roses or Cornish Arms?

image.png.09db8dd285243fc64ed7b9daf3fce6e6.png

Edited by andymk
photo

5 minutes ago, bigroddman said:

round 2 of those tents in the park going up

EEFC8053-EC3F-4104-9560-F8CE152BB25B.jpeg

Looking like they got them the wrong way round first time? Blue/white tent now in the rough position of the multicoloured one

30 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Agreed, it looks like they are a long way behind at the moment. Hopefully they have got the people on site to pull this back in the next 2 weeks. 

It's also 4 days earlier than in 2019, so even further behind possibly. I'm sure they'll pull it out, well they have to.

Anyone know what this cherry picker is up to? its been there for ages now. looks like there's a mast there but i cant imagine they'd rely on a cherry picker to hold it up for next month.

image.png.71387dba0966676e5b983e9ee619cdf0.png

1 minute ago, bigroddman said:

Anyone know what this cherry picker is up to? its been there for ages now. looks like there's a mast there but i cant imagine they'd rely on a cherry picker to hold it up for next month.

Looks like what’s on the 4th picture (might be for radio comms on the site)

4 minutes ago, bigroddman said:

Someone earlier said on site CCTV during the build, and maybe during.

After seeing the close up it looks more like a signal repeater, maybe for radios?

Edited by Leyrulion

3 minutes ago, bigroddman said:

It was in that exact spot in 2019 so assume it is mobile phone mast or site comms tower as others have suggested

image.png.97cfbd73c1498fe81a1eb3343380837c.png

34 minutes ago, bigroddman said:

There is another one over near the SE corner as well, but not on the webcam

Hmmm...I'm not seeing that they're that behind, if at all. Arcadia haven't arrived but as the spider has toured quite a number of times now, the team would be well versed by now with putting it up quickly. Rest of the site looks more as it has done at this stage in previous years with this many days to go. I'd only say that Silver Hayes looks a bit empty.