Glastocam!

pauladam

Taking a look at the 2019 build using this excellent tool, we could expect to see the following this coming week:

- Other stage could get her flaps. This had already happened by now in 2019 (but not until 17th June in 2017).

- Lots more trackways and harris fencing going up everywhere.

- Crates for Silver Hayes had arrived this week in both 2017 and 2019 (plus Leftfield in 2019)

- In 2017, rigging for the speaker towers in the Pyramid field arrived this week (in 2019, they arrived on 19th June). Fencing for the urinals at the top of the field also arrived at this time in 2019 along with the large toilet signs.

- Fence-wise, both 2017 and 2019 saw it race towards PGA towards the end of May.

- Arcadia had arrived by 7th May in 2019, but Pangea was a much longer set up. In 2017, they arrived on 6th June, so we may be waiting until after the Jubilee weekend for them.

- The Greenpeace build could start towards the end of the month, as it did in 2019.

- The big 5G/communication towers appeared in the last weekend of May in 2019.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Taking a look at the 2019 build using this excellent tool, we could expect to see the following this coming week:

- Other stage could get her flaps. This had already happened by now in 2019 (but not until 17th June in 2017).

- Lots more trackways and harris fencing going up everywhere.

- Crates for Silver Hayes had arrived this week in both 2017 and 2019 (plus Leftfield in 2019)

- In 2017, rigging for the speaker towers in the Pyramid field arrived this week (in 2019, they arrived on 19th June). Fencing for the urinals at the top of the field also arrived at this time in 2019 along with the large toilet signs.

- Fence-wise, both 2017 and 2019 saw it race towards PGA towards the end of May.

- Arcadia had arrived by 7th May in 2019, but Pangea was a much longer set up. In 2017, they arrived on 6th June, so we may be waiting until after the Jubilee weekend for them.

- The Greenpeace build could start towards the end of the month, as it did in 2019.

- The big 5G/communication towers appeared in the last weekend of May in 2019.

Intrigued on the spider as to wether we get any extra stuff along with it … not that it’s not amazing anyway …. If we do it might be this week 

On 5/22/2022 at 10:10 AM, deebeedoobee said:

For those visiting and wanting a view point, this is the view you get from the Pilton coffee shop. 

FB_IMG_1653206907998.jpg

There’s pretty good views to be had from Bowermead lane as well, I used to collect milk from farms around Pilton and one year during the festival I was driving along that lane and had to negotiate lots of parked cars and people looking at the site from there, I had a cracking view from the raised seat in my cab.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Wow , what beautiful view ..... does the coffee shop do good cake ?

Just back home now, spoke to a security guard, a veteran of the festival and he reckoned the ground is holding up well. Any rain draining away quickly and hopefully will stay that way until all the heavy plant and trucks have been on site.  Coffee shop wasn’t open when we walked past! Seeing Mr Eavis and getting a wave and a smile from him was defo the highlight of our visit 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Just been sent these from a friend… Dry as a bone at Gate C.

0DD7A993-673E-42DB-890C-213BAF473123.jpeg

C66B88BC-6B3B-4010-988E-DE7D2FA2A4C1.jpeg

Yes, that confirms what the security guy at Mary’s gate told me a few days ago. Site seems to be draining any rainfall well, long may  that continue.  Meanwhile the campsite we stayed at was rather quiet as you can see, quite a contrast from what to expect on the farm😊

CBD30DC2-4B03-4160-9C01-4BD08A16ECA1.thumb.jpeg.a8afe3e25609f9cd23913e01d55ab019.jpeg

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

The coffee is good and the cakes certainly look great. I’ve never had one. I usually go too early in the morning to eat cake. I really should try some.

What is this too early to eat cake nonsense?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, that confirms what the security guy at Mary’s gate told me a few days ago. Site seems to be draining any rainfall well, long may  that continue.  Meanwhile the campsite we stayed at was rather quiet as you can see, quite a contrast from what to expect on the farm😊

CBD30DC2-4B03-4160-9C01-4BD08A16ECA1.thumb.jpeg.a8afe3e25609f9cd23913e01d55ab019.jpeg

Were you the solitary users of the campsite?!

Which one did you go to? 🙂 

Looking to take my gf and dog camping perhaps later this summer or next. 🙂