Glastocam!

pauladam

4 hours ago, al_coholic said:

Sticklinch entry hole in the fence now. thats gonna be a long walk to pyramid, t&c, SE Corner etc...

Wasn't there a thread with estimated/rough walking times between places/landmarks? I can't find it now so maybe I dreamed it 

1 hour ago, al_coholic said:

Its not on the map, but it wasn't in 2019 either. If you look at the cam, there appears to be 2 platforms up on the hill so I am hoping one is tricketts and I guess the other is the Crows nest

It mentions it if you go into the area section for The Park on the website, so sounds like a yes.

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

There was even a big thread about updating it...

Wow I completely missed that!

Maybe I'm misremembering but on that one I just posted it shows you can get West Holts quicker from Other than you can from Pyramid. I guess it depends on what side of the crowd etc you're on but that seems wrong to me.

6 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Wow I completely missed that!

Maybe I'm misremembering but on that one I just posted it shows you can get West Holts quicker from Other than you can from Pyramid. I guess it depends on what side of the crowd etc you're on but that seems wrong to me.

This thread too came back from the dead after several years...  (we all want to know about walking times 🙂 )

As someone with very limited diy skills. I often in awe at how quickly the site gets put together.

The walking times should also be taken with a pinch of salt. Need to factor In variables like crowd surges at the end of sets, toilet stops etc

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

West Holts to Other is pretty quick, though, right? You just boom down to Leftfield  through the Glade and you're there.

Yeah it's pretty quick for sure. I was just thinking from the left hand side of the pyramid you can get there quicker but that's based on when I walked the site a few weeks ago and nothing was there. Not trying to navigate through a small city 😄 

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

Walking-between-stagesPNG.png.45e9ba635a2bcb8e4bea96a9cb088810.png

This? Only has the stages/areas on though.

My main issue with this is times to the Park.  Doesn't matter where I start, how focused or distracted i'm walking it always take an hour to get there.  No idea why or what happens but always an hour.

1 minute ago, watsonjm said:

My main issue with this is times to the Park.  Doesn't matter where I start, how focused or distracted i'm walking it always take an hour to get there.  No idea why or what happens but always an hour.

Yeah that definitely doesn't take into account the numerous distractions on the way!

I reckon the longest walk has to be Cineramageddon to SE Corner, surely?

11 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Yeah that definitely doesn't take into account the numerous distractions on the way!

I reckon the longest walk has to be Cineramageddon to SE Corner, surely?

that or Cineramageddon to Acoustic? or maybe John Peel to SE Corner

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

John Peel to SE Corner. If including campsites Darble and Rivermead residents have a long walk back from the naughty corner. 

Yep, great shout.

I really hope I'm up at the JP area more this year. Spent a disappointing lack of time there in 2019.

On 5/19/2022 at 5:17 PM, DareToDibble said:

I genuinely can't remember if the ones to the left have been there before? The long drops and toilets to the right have definitely always been there.

2015 or 2016 was the first time they put them there. If I had to guess I’d say 2015. 

Wandered around Pilton today, the chip van, the frying machine busy at one of the gates, and posters around the village advertising a rather famous singer playing next weekend at the village club😉.  Site looking wonderful.

but best of all. A red land rover passed us driven by the man himself! A cheery smile and a big wave. Gotta love him. 

26D11309-8FE1-4617-8B74-EE041B8699F9.thumb.jpeg.b84792b7b70b6d6bc2556b05c1169ff4.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1