Glastocam!

pauladam

3 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I've heard that for a smaller boutique camp site they start 3 weeks before 1st arrival, but that is a small crew.

I'm sure I've seen someone on here say's a relation works there and it's about 4 weeks.

It's a serious amount of canvas. 

34 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Well that's me never using them again. My word. The horror.

Imagine the long drops collapsed. You'd be in a whole world of shit.

It did happen, at least a couple times at the same festival. I want to say 2013, but could be earlier than that by up to about 5 years.

It's been covered before, but essentially the long drops used to have a wood covering with regular toilet seats stuck on them, before they started moving to the easier to clean modular ?plastic? style we have now. Only problem was that first batch of the modular style wasn't strong enough (again presumably because they didn't expect people to stand on them) and at least a couple of them gave way that year.

10 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

With only 5 weeks to go, that central part of the Arcadia field is going to be muddy. No way the grass grows properly. Maybe they will cover it in some way, was there an actual dance floor in the middle of the spider? I only ever watched it from the outside area.

Wood chippings

I think I understand the confusion re: placement of co-op now.

There's trackway next to the tent which leads onto the railway track, but this is the point where the railway track kinda fizzles out towards Steanbow farm buildings, so it's between them both but is a main walkway.

1 hour ago, incident said:

Only problem was that first batch of the modular style wasn't strong enough (again presumably because they didn't expect people to stand on them) and at least a couple of them gave way that year.

Oh because people use them as a squatting loo? (I don’t know the technical term)

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I;m going to wave at everyone in just over 2 weeks time from on site 🙂 see if you can see me on the webcam .... I love this thread , must be amazing the nearer it gets 🙂

I could be up the Tor in a few days time. See if you can see me from the webcam!  Too far? If a certain football team wins tonight I may have pyro with me😉

Edited by Ayrshire Chris