Glastocam!

pauladam

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Just run a cable up to one of the pylons and take the power from there.

I know you're joking, but it's never occurred to me before - how much would it actually cost to build a substation running from one of the pylons?

You obviously wouldn't want to distribute it across site in the same way as the water network as some poor fucker would inevitably get electrocuted - but could it be feasible to wire up a controlled environment ie Interstage which has got to be the single biggest user?

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive just checked the cam ... not looked fr 24hrs or so ... that fence is making great progress .... like others i swear the coop has moved sides of the railway track

I have got a copy of that mega aerial shot from 2019, and the Co-op is in exactly the same place. Just can't post a pic of it here  because on my work laptop and blocked from uploading. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, incident said:

I know you're joking, but it's never occurred to me before - how much would it actually cost to build a substation running from one of the pylons?

You obviously wouldn't want to distribute it across site in the same way as the water network as some poor fucker would inevitably get electrocuted - but could it be feasible to wire up a controlled environment ie Interstage which has got to be the single biggest user?

The costs are in the millions.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JayBalls said:

1mw would keep 2 average houses going for a year so whatever the maths is on 25mw

25 MW (MegaWatts) = 25,000,000 Watts.

Power (Watts) = Current x Voltage

25,000,000 = 104,166.66 Amps x 240 Volts. That equals about 8,012 domestic 13 Amp plugs.

you're welcome

• Upvote 1