Glastocam!

pauladam

19 minutes ago, Claire0406 said:

I am happy to post any new sightings into a different group, I didn’t really think to be honest as I figured people would see glimpses on here anyway via the webcam. 

I'm cool with you posting in this thread, if people don't want spoilers, just look at the webcam directly, rather than in here.

Just now, paulshane said:

I'm cool with you posting in this thread, if people don't want spoilers, just look at the webcam directly, rather than in here.

But where will they discuss it?  I'm not personally worried about spoilers, but this is the webcam thread, not the "all images from the site build" thread.  People who want to discuss the webcam shouldn't have to go away just because the thread has drifted off topic.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, Claire0406 said:

I am happy to post any new sightings into a different group, I didn’t really think to be honest as I figured people would see glimpses on here anyway via the webcam. 

I like seeing them. A vote to keep them coming from me. 

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

But where will they discuss it?  I'm not personally worried about spoilers, but this is the webcam thread, not the "all images from the site build" thread.  People who want to discuss the webcam shouldn't have to go away just because the thread has drifted off topic.

Maybe a separate thread is best though. Could call it - Pics from site build: SPOILERS

Edited by blutarsky
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I like seeing them. A vote to keep them coming from me. 

Maybe a separate thread is best though. Could call it - Pics from site build: SPOILERS

maybe the people that don't want spoilers can start a 'glastocam no spoilers' thread of their own?

1 hour ago, Claire0406 said:

Also I think I got a glimpse at the new glade stage yesterday 👀 

they were working on it so didn’t get any pics as I’d be in the way but if I’m right it’s going to look sickkkkkk. 

will try and get some pics soon.

Assume you mean the “Dome” that will be in the woods?

I think we should be able to see the new location of the main glade stage when it starts to go up as it’s out in the open field?

7 minutes ago, paulshane said:

maybe the people that don't want spoilers can start a 'glastocam no spoilers' thread of their own?

Sure.

Or…

Maybe people who want to post site pictures that aren’t from the webcam could do it in another thread that isn’t the webcam thread where we talk about the webcam 😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'd like to vote for keeping them in the thread!

After a while, things tend to slow down as site access gets more restricted. Remember those YouTube videos of delivery drivers recording their drives around site in 2019?

Edited by MJP

1 minute ago, MJP said:

I'd like to vote for keeping them in the thread!

After a while, things tend to slow down as site access gets more restricted. Remember those YouTube videos of delivery drivers recording their drives around site in 2019?

I tried to find the video of that trucker doing a delivery the other day but couldn't find it!

I think Pangea was probably sold as scrap and the people dismantling it are the scrap merchants, I think that would explain the unceremonious way it was toppled. They still would’ve made a loss on it, but I don’t think it would make sense to pay people to dismantle it then have to sell it as scrap, may as well offer it out to someone who will take it down themselves.

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I tried to find the video of that trucker doing a delivery the other day but couldn't find it!

If I remember rightly GFEL had the vlogger take it down - had breached conditions of his employers contract with the festival or something like that.

No ones saying the pics shouldn't be posted - just that they should have their own place. Surely two threads, as has been suggested, solves all issues:

• Glastocam - for discussion about the webcam
  • Site photos (Spoiler alert) - for any photos taken on site and potential spoilers of new things

Genuinely surprised this has caused any controversy but here we are. I'll probably be in both but fully appreciate the people who wish to discuss the webcam without seeing close up pictures of the new bits.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It hasn’t been an issue yet tbh and it’s definitely not worth even a slightly heated debate, but it basically comes down to either absolutely everyone being able to read this thread or some people feeling like they have to exclude themselves from it. Politely asking for any spoilery photos to go in a separate thread isn’t too much bother I’d say.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

No ones saying the pics shouldn't be posted - just that they should have their own place. Surely two threads, as has been suggested, solves all issues:

• Site photos (Spoiler alert) - for any photos taken on site and potential spoilers of new things

Genuinely surprised this has caused any controversy but here we are. I'll probably be in both but fully appreciate the people who wish to discuss the webcam without seeing close up pictures of the new bits.

Excellent compromise. I vote for this. I'll make the thread. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I agree