Glastocam!

pauladam

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/search/stack/775360965?family=editorial&assettype=film anybody seen these amazing arial videos of glastonbury? theres ones of the pyramid stage and crowd, other stage and crowd, truth stage and crowd etc etc all from 2019. actually amazing stuff

Edited by bigroddman
better link
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JayBalls said:

Judging by yesterday's progress I'd say yes if not stopping just behind the next trees.

I'm going to go bold and suggest we'll see the two fences meet today.

Big push to get it done prior to the weekend.

2 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

It's bothering me, what if they haven't measured it right, and when they get to join the 2 sections together it doesn't match perfectly and there is an overlap. What happens then? (OCD alert)

Just a guess but they must have adjustable dividers for that exact reason, no way they’d get it mm perfect every time.

1 minute ago, al_coholic said:

It's bothering me, what if they haven't measured it right, and when they get to join the 2 sections together it doesn't match perfectly and there is an overlap. What happens then? (OCD alert)

I wondered the same thing. There will be fixed starting points from previous years. There will also be points along the fence line where they know post spacing will be. They lay the posts down first along the right bearing between the points. 

Easy for a job that’s been done many times but I’m betting the first year they put it up they had a few recalculations to do. 

10 hours ago, Junglist1981 said:

Was just going through my 2019 photos and thought I'd chuck these in here in honour of the crane

image.thumb.jpeg.595c83bf1e79920c18c2c6f50cb8f9ff.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.73122dc0d2ccfb95168d24e01112bd95.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.07f371608d96ae321fb1c1904e6c6b4b.jpeg

How bonkers was that though. Rest in peace crane, gone too soon.

Have to say, I bloody loved that crane. We are part of a select group that got the opportunity to party underneath it. RIP crane.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Have to say, I bloody loved that crane. We are part of a select group that got the opportunity to party underneath it. RIP crane.

I know this is old ground but I genuinely found it more interesting to look at. I also covered this in the Arcadia thread, but if you get away from the fact that they weren’t looking for a crane and didn’t buy it to be a crane, the fact that it can rotate 360 and the boom can move up and down, it had some incredible potential, it could’ve done what the spider does but with an extra dimension. Rip.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I know this is old ground but I genuinely found it more interesting to look at. I also covered this in the Arcadia thread, but if you get away from the fact that they weren’t looking for a crane and didn’t buy it to be a crane, the fact that it can rotate 360 and the boom can move up and down, it had some incredible potential, it could’ve done what the spider does but with an extra dimension. Rip.

100%, the possibilities were endless

8 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

100%, the possibilities were endless

+1

The spider is great and all but we've seen it loads now. I love it when the festival tries crazy new ideas, even if they don't always come off. Look forward to whatever they come up with for 2023.

Edited by Junglist1981
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just to see what it was like, I found the oldest webcam footage I could from Glastonbury 2000 on YouTube.

OK, the quality isn't great and I know the festival site was smaller back then, but its amazing to see how late the new Pyramid structure was constructed, and how nothing of the main build appears until early June. 

Also once the festival opens there's still camping space in Top Webs Ash on the Thursday afternoon! 

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

Just to see what it was like, I found the oldest webcam footage I could from Glastonbury 2000 on YouTube.

OK, the quality isn't great and I know the festival site was smaller back then, but its amazing to see how late the new Pyramid structure was constructed, and how nothing of the main build appears until early June. 

Also once the festival opens there's still camping space in Top Webs Ash on the Thursday afternoon! 

The thing I do miss about the old webcam is that it looked over towards west holts

Myself and Mrs putz enjoyed a lovely 20 mile walk from wick farm all around the site perimeter yesterday. So excited seeing it all come together. Crap phone photos and we obviously stayed off the site but defo helped build the excitement. 

IMG_20220512_181934.jpg

IMG_20220512_173248.jpg

IMG_20220512_175924.jpg

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Pretty sure Joe Rush has the tools to cut a bit down to size where needed.

Yeah, that's what you'd do with a normal garden fence panel. Get the appropriate power tool out and chop it down to size. Job done.