Glastocam!

pauladam

29 minutes ago, tarw said:

I thought other went up last minute?  Don’t they put all of the lighting rigs on before they put it up?

Suppose they might put it up to test and then drop it to fix lighting etc. 

Yep that's exactly it.

That type of stage design is intended that they can do most of the rigging at ground(ish) level, without needing to use cranes. So if the roof does go up in the next few days, it'll be more of a surprise if it doesn't subsequently come down before the festival.

4 minutes ago, incident said:

Yep that's exactly it.

That type of stage design is intended that they can do most of the rigging at ground(ish) level, without needing to use cranes. So if the roof does go up in the next few days, it'll be more of a surprise if it doesn't subsequently come down before the festival.

PA and lighting only comes on site on the week for the festival, I would say the roof will go up once the ornament is attached, so 2 weeks out (at a guess) 

8 minutes ago, incident said:

Yep that's exactly it.

I remember watching them rigging lights at stage level in 2019 when I was on site.  Roof was definitely up but the lighting rig was lowered. 

2 minutes ago, markussnoopy said:

ah yes...  of course.. nothing overly exciting i guess

Know your audience - we get overly excited by heras fencing on this forum! 😉

• Like 1

This deserves a David Attenborough narration…

”and so, the monolith falls. As those tasked with her dismemberment enact their solemn duty, there remains a quiet dignity in her role as she fades. Though this carnage will take her from these fields, her brief time here will live on in the memories of the 2019 ticket holders.”

*Hans Zimmer plays her away* 

• Upvote 1

It is actually pretty mental really that they moved a ginormous crane 30 miles from the docks, stuck it up in a field in the middle of nowhere, swung a moon about with it for 5 minutes and held a huge rave underneath it.

(then painted it green then pushed it over then cut it to pieces)

Edited by Junglist1981
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, kalifire said:

The trees the fence has just reappeared from would seem a great jump-over point.

I friend tried it from that point (well slightly further to left) but said the watch tower nearby seemed to have heat seeking devices as they shouted out at him even though it was pitch dark..

1 hour ago, Junglist1981 said:

It is actually pretty mental really that they moved a ginormous crane 30 miles from the docks, stuck it up in a field in the middle of nowhere, swung a moon about with it for 5 minutes and held a huge rave underneath it.

(then painted it green then pushed it over then cut it to pieces)

This made me actual lol. 

Humans are the most complicated species on Earth.