Glastocam!

pauladam

Just now, parsonjack said:

Interesting....we missed out 2019 so this will be first time for us.  What is general opinion of GoS....great fun addition....or short lived gimmick?

I liked it. Didn't really think it presented anything to not like to be honest. A harmless, nice little addition in my book but do tend to see a lot of negative comments. 

Just now, parsonjack said:

Interesting....we missed out 2019 so this will be first time for us.  What is general opinion of GoS....great fun addition....or short lived gimmick?

Another thing to me that hadn’t quite achieved its potential …. Although I’d say it has less scope for development than Pangea … it was clearly a RUSH job to get it finished 

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Overhyped for what it was - a very short pier that tried to make the pier experience authentic and to satirise it, but didn't particularly succeed in either.

45 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I liked it. I enjoyed the structure, the life guards, the robots, the free arcade games (where I got a high pinball score), the Punch and Judy show. I just found it a fun diversion which made me feel, for a short spell, like I was at the seaside. I look forward to visiting it again this year.

On 5/3/2022 at 4:22 PM, mazola said:

Wow, that's a great picture of the Tony Benn tower, I don't suppose you have any more? Not sure if you have seen my thread but your picture is exactly the kind I'm looking for 

https://twitter.com/glastonbury/status/1523926562881646592?s=20&t=gEfl1Mqa_3AukIcKzkWuXQ

Edited by Staberinde
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

Cheers, saw this earlier. Mostly angles I already have. I think I'm going to have to wait until after the festival now, even if I got the whole thing now by the time I get booked in at the tattooist it will be cutting it a bit fine to have it done before the festival, don't want to be there with a fresh tattoo. At least this way I can take all the photos I need when I'm there and have it done after the festival

1 minute ago, mazola said:

Cheers, saw this earlier. Mostly angles I already have. I think I'm going to have to wait until after the festival now, even if I got the whole thing now by the time I get booked in at the tattooist it will be cutting it a bit fine to have it done before the festival, don't want to be there with a fresh tattoo. At least this way I can take all the photos I need when I'm there and have it done after the festival

Plenty of time - get it done!! 🙂

16 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

This is from the webcam last week, they must put them in a temporary access.

image.png.502741fda4af4113891cdfdd3c321329.png

A van turned up about 14:45 last Thursday (5th)

image.png.907b89a25983dbbeb70bf8838112dba1.png

By 17:20 steps started to appear

image.png.8ca1798a8489a322d1dff1d36f3bc292.png

You can't see them clearly that evening as the sun is shining, though here they are at 08:30 the next morning

image.png.36108c1f087eb913f35abd4681a40ea3.png