Glastocam!

pauladam

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

just watched it .... so it arrived in bits ... on two lorries 

Ironically the picture of it being dismantled at Avonmouth shows it stood next to a mill which is being demolished at moment as well.. its fate seems to have realigned to what would have happened had it not been removed in 2019! 

Just now, tumbles said:

Ironically the picture of it being dismantled at Avonmouth shows it stood next to a mill which is being demolished at moment as well.. its fate seems to have realigned to what would have happened had it not been removed in 2019! 

maybe they can stick it back .... bit of glue and hope no-one notices 

15 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

(off topic, we both share the first same year, '94 happy memories)

Golden times.  15 years old and hopping the fence with my best mate from school and his older brother.  To this day my parents are none the wiser and thought I was just staying around my mates house all weekend 🤣

Edited by tumbles
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, tumbles said:

Arcrania should consider itself lucky... most old cranes just get scrapped but he/she had a starring role in a major party and then got nearly 3 years living in the countryside before getting melted down. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

20220509_153219.thumb.jpg.6905baabb4aae2ef24b16e2b6416a5de.jpg

* I know I'm a slow runner but how rude

* weather - too bloody hot for this running malarkey.  Can I eat cake now?

Is that the temple, sorry?

Yes it's really muggy today, glad its my recovery day. Yesterday up a 400ft hill was bare pains.

16 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

They should definitely make that crane base into a cool sculpture that could stay.

But it’s not allowed to stay… That’s the problem!

39 minutes ago, stuie said:

Arcrania should consider itself lucky... most old cranes just get scrapped but he/she had a starring role in a major party and then got nearly 3 years living in the countryside before getting melted down. 

This is exactly how I would like my final few years to be !

• Like 1

Wonder if they'll be able to repurpose the various parts of the crane into something more easily removable. I guess it's probably very heavy which might be problematic.

Whilst it clearly can't be said to have been successful it was very unique and it'd be a shame not to further explore the idea of having something that tall doing stuff. 

Clearing up a bit now - can see the full span of fencing that's been built in the SE - just about. image.png.f5118eedfc28487cfc5cbfe7fc7a9906.png 

Cherry picker back in action at Arcrania: 
image.png.ce8c36f5146c771f349e22bdd31d961d.png

Think this shows the state of the ground well: there's clearly been decent rainfall overnight as it's standing on the metal flooring, but the tracks all around the site have easily soaked it up and are looking dry again already. 
image.png.a924aae663827326fd70c88e60925301.png