Glastocam!

pauladam

2 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

I think they would be pretty daft not to, given the number of trees that have come down. However, I can not say I’ve ever noticed the production. They are using a lot of felled trees to make the wooden fences that are between each stall. Plus the bonfires of course.

Can you use wood chip from trees that are infected with die back? Or does that spread it into the ground?

11 minutes ago, leath02 said:

Can you use wood chip from trees that are infected with die back? Or does that spread it into the ground?

Now I am no expert on this. I’m sure someone on here will have a better idea. But Ash die back is caused by a fungus that grows on leaves. So the stripped trees are surely ok? Just a guess.

5 hours ago, Padgey said:

I don't think the Hot Spots have been updated, the BBC Introducing stage now has a new location.

Also wasn't the Greenfield Ship left in place a long time after the last festival, when did that get taken away?

I don't think so either, they are still highlighting West Caravans

15 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

It must be nice to be able to run without having to run up hills several times. Unless you opted for going up Clifton.

It’s nice to run around the harbour from my work yeah. Though I do sometimes take the run from the bottom of Ashton court to the top and occasionally the hill up to Clifton.   I live on the top of Portishead as well so any run from home usually starts with a 400ft decline and has to end with the opposite 😭

8 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Look at her instagram… I don’t remember there being further steps up? Just the pier extending out. Wonder if they’re doing 2 levels this year… is that even possible?

I'm pretty sure there were some form of steps, but I'm going off a hazy memory! I think they were opposite the little stage the pier had facing it.

12 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

You did have to go up some steps to get to the deck but I didn’t think it was that high. 

image.thumb.jpeg.7acce5ade7c7feb10ada2feefe8257ff.jpeg

You may well be right. I only went there once so don’t remember a huge amount. Maybe it’s the perspective of the picture but Emily’s picture looks like the steps are going up quite a bit higher than the pier. 
Guess we’ll see in 39 days!

As we have been looking at the lush green fields starting to be transformed for the festival, I thought I would remind myself what the end goal is.  Here is Thursday evening 2019, and seeing this compared to where we are now has certainly got my excitement levels up.

image.thumb.png.0b0e24502fafe55b3054ba3d678265c1.png

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, buddiepaul said:

As we have been looking at the lush green fields starting to be transformed for the festival, I thought I would remind myself what the end goal is.  Here is Thursday evening 2019, and seeing this compared to where we are now has certainly got my excitement levels up.

image.thumb.png.0b0e24502fafe55b3054ba3d678265c1.png

Is the Pyramid open on Thursdays, it’s been a while since I went last, 2015