Glastocam!

pauladam

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

The trees on worthy farm are predominantly ash … and ash dieback will likely wipe out 80% ….. so over the next few years the farm landscape will dramatically change … hopefully they can replace them with some fast growing native species 

Any idea why they've all died?

Wonder if The Glade stage moving out of the trees is related to it?

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Any idea why they've all died?

Wonder if The Glade stage moving out of the trees is related to it?

It’s a fungal disease that’s been spreading over the last few years … once it gets in there is pretty much nothing that can be done apart from clear and replant new species … that movement of the glade I’d think is definately related to it … they can’t clear it all at once because it’s a massive undertaking so will have removed the initially dangerous stuff 

Edited by crazyfool1

30 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s a fungal disease that’s been spreading over the last few years … once it gets in there is pretty much nothing that can be done apart from clear and replant new species … that movement of the glade I’d think is definately related to it … they can’t clear it all at once because it’s a massive undertaking so will have removed the initially dangerous stuff 

😞 

38 minutes ago, LeeHC said:

Yeah, I have friends in the build crew and there's been a lot of ash dieback issues sadly 😢

Yes that is really sad, the trees give the site character and when it’s restored after the festival you would think it was impossible that hundreds of thousands of folk had just had a huge party there!  Replanting will be needed. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

😞 

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes that is really sad, the trees give the site character and when it’s restored after the festival you would think it was impossible that hundreds of thousands of folk had just had a huge party there!  Replanting will be needed. 

I've just asked the Woodland Trust to send me some to plant. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Not my area of expertise so happy to be corrected but I do have a little experience in working with wood.

The trees will have to be completely cleared and all traces of disease gone before replanting can begin.

A hardwood tree like Ash will take 10-20 years before they begin to be at a similar size to the trees in the glade. 

Definitely something worth doing for the next generation of Glasto goers. 

2 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I've just asked the Woodland Trust to send me some to plant. 

We got a load of trees from them through work. Planted some at our sites around the North West, then a few of us got to do a volunteering day with these guys https://twitter.com/HardknottForest planting the rest, as well as some clearing. A very rare satisfying day 'at' work. 

Ash Dieback has hit some places around here pretty bad. Some really lovely spots look a bit like a bombsite now. 

53 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It seems really rampant in the south west.   They've been doing tons of removal of trees in North Somerset last few months. 

1 minute ago, Harry_W01 said:

Does anyone have a link to the website where you can flick through images choosing the date & time etc? I remember seeing it somewhere in this thread but for the life of me cannot find the page

Need all the URL's pinned to the first post! 

58 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

We got a load of trees from them through work. Planted some at our sites around the North West, then a few of us got to do a volunteering day with these guys https://twitter.com/HardknottForest planting the rest, as well as some clearing. A very rare satisfying day 'at' work. 

Ash Dieback has hit some places around here pretty bad. Some really lovely spots look a bit like a bombsite now. 

We got loads at the school too - students were able to take them home and plant them anywhere they wanted. I put an oak in our front garden and my grandma had one too. Can't wait to see them mature. 

Edited by blutarsky

5 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I'm curious about what those large white marquees are used for, to the right of the Pyramid.

Is that where artists hang out before their sets?

Think it's also dressing rooms, media area, etc - basically everything (Pyramid) artist related for pre and post set.

If you look at the overhead, there's a direct path into the marquees from the Tour Bus Parking area, and then a covered walkway into the Pyramid Stage itself.

image.thumb.png.9b908e20405ed1da75336b2668da63ac.png

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, incident said:

Think it's also dressing rooms, media area, etc - basically everything (Pyramid) artist related for pre and post set.

If you look at the overhead, there's a direct path into the marquees from the Tour Bus Parking area, and then a covered walkway into the Pyramid Stage itself.

image.thumb.png.9b908e20405ed1da75336b2668da63ac.png

Where's that image from, the quality is amazing!