Glastocam!

pauladam

15 minutes ago, august1 said:

Ha I have wondered if he saw the tweet, I did feel a bit bad after reading his comments.

If he's reading this it was meant in jest 😂

He definitely meant your tweet. Which was hilarious, BTW!

Or should I say tweets!

That first one was apparently viewed 481,522 times. Chris Martin has to have been one of them.😆

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Or should I say tweets!

That first one was apparently viewed 481,522 times. Chris Martin has to have been one of them.😆

I seen that top tweet was quote retweeted by someone pretty well connected in the music business and I had a noise at who followed them and there was some pretty big names who no doubt know Chris.

22 hours ago, Smeble said:

Makes you wonder what measures are in place to offset the environmental impact of the festival, even before the impact on the local land fill, nearly everything will have arrived by truck, sometimes from a fair distance away, a few thousand arriving by coach won’t be sufficient, nor is giving money to Greenpeace. 

edit. It seems The festival has a CO2 positive effect on the planet, mostly by planting trees, assuming all the figures are correct and the trees actually get planted that’s fantastic. Now if everyone could take their crap home with them afterwards things would be even better.

Have you listen to the @GlastoCastpodcast with Luke from a greenpeace? There’s some really interesting bits on their about what they do to really reduce their area do to reduce impact on the environment.

Including getting their olive oil by ship from Palestine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, august1 said:

I seen that top tweet was quote retweeted by someone pretty well connected in the music business and I had a noise at who followed them and there was some pretty big names who no doubt know Chris.

I feel sorry for him as he loves it as much as ANYONE on here (perhaps not Crazy Fool) but this is so funny.  Sat here howling.  Thanks

Long drops below the woods:

image.png.cc7ac64860bebbf12491c4d72106955d.png

Tents with sides next to the Pyramid: 

image.thumb.png.00b2188070a47392d39e34a02a2b5775.png

Cherry picker in WG field - suspect this may be tree surgeons dealing with ash dieback: image.png.22c32c34067d2f3147e8d73a961544f7.png

Lots of vehicles around the Ribbon Tower and G-o-S:

image.png.57e57725db00a9ecf765500fe9ec58b2.png

Fencers busy already - lots of panels laid out and forklift in operation lifting them. I'm guessing this means the forklift breakdown reported yesterday is remedied. 

image.png.86eebe89af665b9f77df9c689059aada.png

10 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Or should I say tweets!

Woah woah woah!  I thought Seceet Glasto was a Somerset piskey that lived in a hole on the Farm and you've outed them as what is clearly a Gordon The Gopher/Flat Eric hybrid 😮

OMG. I have been looking at the webcam on my phone on and off for the past few festivals. Just opened that high resolution link on my laptop and it's a game changer. So much detail, much bigger screen. Bye productivity *waveemoji*

49 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Long drops below the woods:

image.png.cc7ac64860bebbf12491c4d72106955d.png

Tents with sides next to the Pyramid: 

image.thumb.png.00b2188070a47392d39e34a02a2b5775.png

Cherry picker in WG field - suspect this may be tree surgeons dealing with ash dieback: image.png.22c32c34067d2f3147e8d73a961544f7.png

Lots of vehicles around the Ribbon Tower and G-o-S:

image.png.57e57725db00a9ecf765500fe9ec58b2.png

Fencers busy already - lots of panels laid out and forklift in operation lifting them. I'm guessing this means the forklift breakdown reported yesterday is remedied. 

image.png.86eebe89af665b9f77df9c689059aada.png

Yeah, I have friends in the build crew and there's been a lot of ash dieback issues sadly 😢

• Upvote 1

Just now, LeeHC said:

Yeah, I have friends in the build crew and there's been a lot of ash dieback issues sadly 😢

The trees on worthy farm are predominantly ash … and ash dieback will likely wipe out 80% ….. so over the next few years the farm landscape will dramatically change … hopefully they can replace them with some fast growing native species