Glastocam!

pauladam

25 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

If you stand on the pathway with the entrance to the Acoustic Field to your right, walk forward eastward, you pass the entrance to the Kiz field on your right, that building is the next entrance to your right

Thanks! A busy spot - I somehow expected it to be more out of the way. Will check it out 👍

4 hours ago, Staberinde said:

I reckon that's more proof to the theory that those trailers are used to accept delivery from 'normal' road going lorries, then they are pulled around the site by 'mud loving go anywhere' tractors or cabs to drop off at different locations.

there’s  a big holding area just inside the main entrance off the A361, deliveries go there and are then collected by onsite vehicles to go where they are needed, obviously some items are delivered ‘just in time’ and will go directly where needed. I was on and off site repeated after the 2015 festival collecting Harris fencing, everything was supposed to be ready for collection in that holding area meaning I wouldn’t have to drive around the site wasting time looking for it, in reality that never happened and I spent ages driving around the site anyway, thats par for the course when collecting fencing, it’s never where you are told it will be, sometimes it hasn’t even been taken down when you arrive.

56 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

Odds and Sods - Bank Holiday

Mostly just open Fields, a few of the wood pile on the main crossroads on the railway line.

The pictures do have a title but feel free to ask any questions if you want.

Am I the only one that thinks it's weird to have a limit to how many 'likes' you can give out in one day. Any thanks to those who have expressed their appreciation - to many to 'like' 😄

TY and C entrance.JPG

Top Williams.JPG

Top of Tony Bens Tower.JPG

Top of Pennards facing North.JPG

Tony Bens Tower Base.JPG

Path looking N thru G Futures.JPG

Meeting point.JPG

Looking west along Circus Markets to right.JPG

In Circus looking to T and C.JPG

Garden west of stones 2.JPG

Facing RW west from x roads.JPG

Facing RW east from X roads.JPG

Facing North RW x roads.JPG

Entrance to WV.JPG

Bottom of Muddy lane facing North.JPG

AvolonCaberat bogs.JPG

Avavlon.JPG

Across Penards to P.JPG

Acoustic right Kidz lef.JPG

Wow, that's a great picture of the Tony Benn tower, I don't suppose you have any more? Not sure if you have seen my thread but your picture is exactly the kind I'm looking for 

3 hours ago, Staberinde said:

The Park - Bank Holiday

Not a lot going on. The stage has a lot of equipment delivered to in in readiness but no construction yet.

Much the same at the Ribbon Tower

I never knew the Park had a side entrance, half way up on it's west side into Pennards as shown by the big posts and rafters

Park side gate.JPG

Park stage.JPG

Ribbon Tower stuff Park stage in BG.JPG

Ribbon tower stuff.JPG

Side of Park.JPG

Side of Park2.JPG

Maybe it is a new extra entrance, isn’t it the park entrance that really gets boggy

1 hour ago, marktea said:

Ah ok. Just so happens I'm working this year so still might make it in there. 

Cool! I think it’s GFEL crew only, so if you’re with a trader or another agency you may not be allowed in but could be possible to blag it. 

2 hours ago, mazola said:

Wow, that's a great picture of the Tony Benn tower, I don't suppose you have any more? Not sure if you have seen my thread but your picture is exactly the kind I'm looking for 

Sorry, sadly no

5 hours ago, Staberinde said:

Bank Holiday - The Other Stage

After walking from the Pyramid "back stage" to the Other Stage field it was really weird and didn't seem like I was at Glastonbury at all, it's hard to explain.

Os1.JPG

Os2.JPG

Great vids! I was always wondering if there was a cut through route from Stummerville into the tipi area. 
It would be even better if there was a way you could cut through the south side through the Park and into South Park without having to go north down the hill too much. It's annoying how you can't cut across where the junction to the Park/tipi village - it could be done but they always have stewards stopping you so you have to go down and up again.

7 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

I took this photo on this date in 2016. Shows how far ahead we are this year.

9E3DD126-EFC8-4DD6-89FB-39525CC15609.jpeg

And then the rains came and ruined it! They do seem to be quite a bit further along than usual.