Glastocam!

pauladam

21 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's crazy. From what you can see on the camera alone, it looks like 90% plus of the festival left to setup. That's why I'd love to see a multi-part documentary covering all aspects of the festival build-up

I’d volunteer to film it. And the take down too. If I have to stay on site between then they’ll have to give me a ticket 

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

One of those trailers near the pyramid has now been loaded up with something, can’t quite see if it’s the fence 

I reckon that's more proof to the theory that those trailers are used to accept delivery from 'normal' road going lorries, then they are pulled around the site by 'mud loving go anywhere' tractors or cabs to drop off at different locations.

• Upvote 1

so just catching up .... those lorries parked to RH side of pyramid behind the hedge all had trackway or flooring in  them I presume ? including the curtain sider thats open now ? the one closest the hedge might be a generator ? it looks somewhat different .... although ive already got this wrong once ... visibility should start improving now id hope 

1 hour ago, Junglist1981 said:

Just in case anyone isn't border to tears by pyramid screen speculation yet, I'm really busy at work so obviously I just spent some time doing this instead...

2019 + 2022

So almost identical in size. Certainly the exact same height, maybe a metre wider at most 🙂

I would of used 2017 for a cleaner comparison but I can't get the images up on the archive anymore?

Dunno about everyone else but I hope that if there are new screens they aren't too big, they will distract from the majesty of the surroundings etc. You could be stood in a field looking at ginormous overbearing screens anywhere.

I have so much work to do lol

If i'm remembering rightly though, previously the screens were free-swinging in between the vertical struts and could be lowered and raised.  This middle strut would prevent that (too much risk of wind bashing them around).  This suggests they are replacing with something fixed or on static rails in front of the posts rather than between them, and therefore likely much larger.  

Wonder how they'll make it storm/wind proof.  there would have to be baffles or a canopy behind them.

17 minutes ago, siblin said:

If i'm remembering rightly though, previously the screens were free-swinging in between the vertical struts and could be lowered and raised.  This middle strut would prevent that (too much risk of wind bashing them around).  This suggests they are replacing with something fixed or on static rails in front of the posts rather than between them, and therefore likely much larger.  

Wonder how they'll make it storm/wind proof.  there would have to be baffles or a canopy behind them.

My current thinking is they might be taking the Black Quartz set up that was used at reading and Leeds (the three truss structure looks the same and the R&L director is now working with Glastonbury). 

They say that it can withstand 45 mph winds. For context Boardmasters was cancelled in 2019 when sustained 40mph winds were predicted. 

https://www.roevisual.com/nl-en/products/black-quartz

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

My current thinking is they might be taking the Black Quartz set up that was used at reading and Leeds (the three truss structure looks the same and the R&L director is now working with Glastonbury). 

They say that it can withstand 45 mph winds. For context Boardmasters was cancelled in 2019 when sustained 40mph winds were predicted. 

Yeah that would be nice.  They wouldn't be able to take advantage of the curving on the pyramid though (the screens at glasto are taller than the stage opening), and they probably wouldn.t want to obscure the iconic shape.  

1 hour ago, Staberinde said:

I reckon that's more proof to the theory that those trailers are used to accept delivery from 'normal' road going lorries, then they are pulled around the site by 'mud loving go anywhere' tractors or cabs to drop off at different locations.

Makes sense, I never doubted your theory! I thought that when I saw one loaded this morning. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, siblin said:

Yeah that would be nice.  They wouldn't be able to take advantage of the curving on the pyramid though (the screens at glasto are taller than the stage opening), and they probably wouldn.t want to obscure the iconic shape.  

Yeah I'm not sure the curving would be there for those very reasons but strong evidence for bigger screens I think. 

We probably won't know for certain until the Thursday though!😂

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Makes sense, I never doubted your theory! I thought that when I saw one loaded this morning. 

The blue trailers by the Pyramid belong to Serious.  They are dragged onsite by Serious with staging on.  The staging and kit incorporates lots of post pallets, packing dunnage etc.  The kit is forked off into the piles you can see on the other side of the track.  When the post pallets and dunnage etc are finished with and empty, they are loaded back onto the trailers so Serious can remove them from site.

Down by Red gate is an area where inload is coming to. Trailers are dropped there and dragged on if the tractor unit doesn't stay which is usually stuff owned by the Festival, some bring loads straight on (the one behind the Pyramid followed us down the track yesterday).

Fence and trackway is only moved by Sunbelt or their contractors.

The fence starts up around the East side.  The last part is always Village side.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

The blue trailers by the Pyramid belong to Serious.  They are dragged onsite by Serious with staging on.  The staging and kit incorporates lots of post pallets, packing dunnage etc.  The kit is forked off into the piles you can see on the other side of the track.  When the post pallets and dunnage etc are finished with and empty, they are loaded back onto the trailers so Serious can remove them from site.

Down by Red gate is an area where inload is coming to. Trailers are dropped there and dragged on if the tractor unit doesn't stay which is usually stuff owned by the Festival, some bring loads straight on (the one behind the Pyramid followed us down the track yesterday).

The fence starts up around the East side.  The last part is always Village side.

Do you know what the driver had for breakfast 🤓

outstanding reporting. Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

How much fence goes up before it creeps into webcam view ? I’m guessing not much as it was starting to show early one morning … 

2 hours ago, Junglist1981 said:

What's the most anticipated webcam milestone still to come?

Ribbon tower getting its hat on has to be up there...

Its the fence, Ribbon tower, Glasto Sign and I guess the market/food stalls/bars are the big ticket items folk like to see in the build up

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

How much fence goes up before it creeps into webcam view ? I’m guessing not much as it was starting to show early one morning … 

usually most of the East side from around Joe Rush's to past the end of the Railway, round the corner and to the back of Dragon Field, where the webcam can see it. Probably a mile. They tend to put the fence  up and do the gates later.  Eve / Live / Sunbelt subcontract a lot of the work actually erecting it, some of it depends on the crew.

41 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I like your thinking.  Having been right up close to the screens at Reading, it wasn't just the size that was impressive, but the quality was outstanding as well - really vibrant and great contrast.  This information explains why - clearly a premium system.

I love my tech, so this was a good read - thanks 👍     

14 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

usually most of the East side from around Joe Rush's to past the end of the Railway, round the corner and to the back of Dragon Field, where the webcam can see it. Probably a mile. They tend to put the fence  up and do the gates later.  Eve / Live / Sunbelt subcontract a lot of the work actually erecting it, some of it depends on the crew.

Wow a fair old stretch then 🙂 thanks 

25 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

Cheers! But all this ultra accurate information takes the fun out of our guesswork based on a grainy webcam! Seriously thanks for enlightening us!

28 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

I wish I had your job Pilton Digger 

Ptrakilers2.JPG

Ptrailers.JPG