Glastocam!

pauladam

36 minutes ago, MaseTMT said:

Never noticed them being that big previously although webcam shows they are the same size. They look massive in those pics 

They do without a screen, because you can't help but imagine them being filled with massive portrait screens. But when you're in the field and there's a smaller screen on there, you just see the screen, not the rigging.

24 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It’s difficult to compare exactly due to different perspectives, they definitely looks bigger but the webcam says they aren’t:

07849C20-4FBE-4694-AC13-0BC44B4B2C74.jpeg

Those screens look absolutely tiny, especially compared to what other festivals have now.

Surely they’ll be upgraded this year!

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'd be willing to bet a pint we don't get bigger speaker stacks. They're already plenty loud, I can't imagine there ever being bigger ones. Maybe more repeaters, but not bigger.

Sound tech moves on quickly it seems now - could see some changes here - not about the wattage, perhaps more like 'Dolbly Atmos' or similar...

Just now, Pinhead said:

Sound tech moves on quickly it seems now - could see some changes here - not about the wattage, perhaps more like 'Dolbly Atmos' or similar...

I seem to recall the repeaters for the stones being awful. So it’s possible they could upgrade the tech somewhat 

Reading style screens would do amazing on The Other, but feel like every year it's discussed/hypothesised but never happens. The 50th would be a pretty appropriate time to give it an upgrade... 

If not, perhaps once they've gotten enough funds for it, they'll update the entire thing to accommodate a better visual approach, into The Other 2.0 (or whichever version we're on now)

7 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Good work.

I wonder if this is something Melvin is bringing to the party?

I'd guess that production values is probably at least one of the things he's bringing in (through contacts he has a R&L) alongside the rumoured covid expertise, which is looking to be unnecessary.

Looks like portait size screens on the Pyramid this year to me. I hope they don’t do full wraparound because the stage is iconic in itself. Doing that on the Other though could create a double main stage festival in the future. If you take away the front part of Oxlyers camping it could make the capacity similar too.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see it go that way considering the 6 headliner standard some festivals go now. In some ways I’d like that, but I also camp in the bit of Oxlyers I’m talking about getting rid of, so that’d be a shame.

5 hours ago, Pinhead said:

A better sound system would make up for a lack of screens. I personally havent stood in the back of the pyramid field to see how it sounds but if its been said its not that good from the repeating towers than theyve got to sort it out. I posted a video in the last page  or so showing the screens from the back at coachella. That was last friday night near the back of the main stage field. I was around 900 feet from where I was standing. Theres 3 repeating towers after the main PA. The Pyramid Field is about the same size length wise as the main stage Coachella field. So that gives you an idea of the quality of  sound theyre presenting even in the back. There are some dead spots but thats easily remedied by just moving. 

7 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It’s difficult to compare exactly due to different perspectives, they definitely looks bigger but the webcam says they aren’t:

07849C20-4FBE-4694-AC13-0BC44B4B2C74.jpeg

Looks about the same height to me, taking into account the position of the camera. If the top one was shot from the  same angle as the bottom, the height would appear the same, I reckon.

The screens do look small, though I'd never thought so when actually there. Would be good to get an upgrade.

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

A better sound system would make up for a lack of screens. I personally havent stood in the back of the pyramid field to see how it sounds but if its been said its not that good from the repeating towers than theyve got to sort it out. I posted a video in the last page  or so showing the screens from the back at coachella. That was last friday night near the back of the main stage field. I was around 900 feet from where I was standing. Theres 3 repeating towers after the main PA. The Pyramid Field is about the same size length wise as the main stage Coachella field. So that gives you an idea of the quality of  sound theyre presenting even in the back. There are some dead spots but thats easily remedied by just moving. 

I think that the sound at the back is pretty good now. Twenty years ago it used to be awful. If it was at all windy the remote sound sensors at the perimeter would think it was too loud and knock the repeaters off so I was told

9 minutes ago, tarw said:

I think that the sound at the back is pretty good now. Twenty years ago it used to be awful. If it was at all windy the remote sound sensors at the perimeter would think it was too loud and knock the repeaters off so I was told

The sound is good at the back, so much so one of my mates chucks a strop if we ever want to watch a headliner on the other stage, as he says he’d rather watch any headliner on the Pyramid a even if he doesn’t like them because the sound is better.

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

You can do better sleuthing with this link as it’s higher res:

recent_full.jpg

Ha! Thanks….On me phone just now, sitting having a coffee and mooched

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The sound is good at the back, so much so one of my mates chucks a strop if we ever want to watch a headliner on the other stage, as he says he’d rather watch any headliner on the Pyramid a even if he doesn’t like them because the sound is better.

The sound at Other is so hit and miss. It feels like the slightest breeze carries it away. After a patchy time ('07 was a disaster sound-wise, headliners sounded like a neighbours stereo through the wall!), the Pyramid is sounding tip top these days.

28 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

It looks very moist down there today.

Interestingly though I’m at the North Somerset agriculture show which is admittedly 35 miles away but similar type of land (farm use rest of year) and 100k people.. ground is absolutely rock solid still after fair amount of rain last day or so