Glastocam!

pauladam

1 minute ago, Junglist1981 said:

Maaaaybe… I still think there’s not much extra room on the right where the fence goes round the corner a bit. Also they’re not completely flat structures, they have the diagonal supports out the back. Might they be slightly wider, and also slightly lower? Hmmmm

They are hanging …. They just hoist them up the towers so aren’t fixed behind 

2 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

Glastonbury on Sea, I can't remember if you could se that on the CAM . I am sure I have read they are back this year.

Will be clearly visible when it starts - as it happens there's actually a lorry in that area dropping off kit at this exact moment: 

image.png.fc8f53a58fc91d23d8c55b0807f20e13.png

21 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The previous/current screens are pretty small, they could fit much bigger ones even in the same size towers, so maybe they’re the same size but need to be beefed up/reconfigured to hold bigger ones?

A4B9B99D-E394-4811-9441-9CC737B780A5.jpeg

Those line arrays (the speaker stacks) probably have operational requirements in terms of space around/behind them for both airflow and cabling. They are also monstrously powerful and there's likely to be vibration management issues and interaction issues between them and the screens (they'll each probably have a pair of bloody great big magnets in), so it's not totally clear you could just inflate the screens to take up the free space, but there is definitely is space there and there's probably space to increase the footprint, too.

1 minute ago, blutarsky said:

Will be clearly visible when it starts - as it happens there's actually a lorry in that area dropping off kit at this exact moment: 

image.png.fc8f53a58fc91d23d8c55b0807f20e13.png

Thought they needed to start soon, massive job and it wasn't finished in time last time.

16 minutes ago, broken monkey said:

The bigger issue is that I believe the towers are connected to existing concrete foundations. This is a pic I took in November 2017 which shows the footings. Unless these have been replaced/updated in recent years, I think the frames will at least be the same width.

pyramid_footings.jpg

They are blocks of concrete sitting on the ground, not footings per se.  Can easily be moved with plant.

11 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I don’t think it’s beyond the wit of man to put bigger screens on the Pyramid stage if that’s ultimately want they want to do. I think the world has seen bigger engineering feats.

The fun is in speculating if that’s what they are in fact actually doing 🙂

21 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Activity at the treeline / fence at the top of the Park / above the sign:

image.png.27e129df922ec3a5c0e3c673f963c919.png

Was some activity up there yesterday too, thats roughly where the fence line is - so it could be remedial works prior to it all starting fence wise on Tuesday.

7 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Re.the screens. I wonder if it’s something to do with Macca. The tour rehearsal video of him posted on YouTube shows a La impressive screen set up.

U2 had an extra pair didn’t they?

Macca vid

Yep U2 had smaller screens below. I can't recall if the bigger ones were hiked up higher than normal but it was quite windy so they were only pulled up for the performance. 

1436027406_Screenshot2022-04-28102008.thumb.png.6c56c24b420801a95d4df44d8524708d.png

11 minutes ago, tumbles said:

Yep U2 had smaller screens below. I can't recall if the bigger ones were hiked up higher than normal but it was quite windy so they were only pulled up for the performance. 

1436027406_Screenshot2022-04-28102008.thumb.png.6c56c24b420801a95d4df44d8524708d.png

They were there for the Stones too in 2013IMG_0489.thumb.JPG.028ad8d21d799b39ae577c0b5b45fd9a.JPG

1 hour ago, tumbles said:

Thanks for that. One of the few things I remember through the booze, wind and rain.

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

whats that arriving on the back of that green truck at pyramid ? a generator ? or fencing ? 

Trackway or fencing I reckon. More likely trackway because why would the super fence be dropped off at the Pyramid?

Looks like the same livery on the truck as the one which was delivering trackway/fencing the other day, as described by @pilton digger